• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Myrtle Beach Air Direct and Tours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've seen multiple pax carriers try the market from LCK from Pan am to hoooters... none of them lasted....

i resemble those remarks... was with southeast briefly , then Pace hooters. interestingly the loads were always good. but both of these companies and any LCC like a skybus go to airports without service. Allegiant even has the "we must be sole provider" business model. makes sense. so they go in and try to get handouts, subsidies. smaller companies altogether...operating on a shoestring. in this era being an LCC or bottom feeder simply doesn't pay .

pace is in great shape today partly because we have a 30 million dollar maint contract with continental. just got 9 % raises after three pay freeze. i liken this to being a part 135 operator without the revenue streamsa of an FBO, maint, etc. you can't make it today

Well it wasn't for lack of pax load that service out of LCK didn't last. I think it was a combination of the remote location of the airport, the airport's reputation of being a strictly "cargo" field, and marketing that fell short. Honestly, if you aren't familiar with the area, Lockbourne looks like a pretty scary place even though it isn't.

Personally I'd have loved to see pax service thrive at LCK. Much easier to get in and out of that place than The Port.

Great idea Cool Hand if I didn't like my job so much :)...

I don't know about the fun factor in that scenario but the excitement factor would be way up when they found one of the jets missing and sent the FBI looking for it!!

Jim

Hey, looks like we share a few types. Bet you miss that Hawker 400...er uhhh, the Beachjet.

I wish I could try out one of those Falcons, I hear they are real smooth.

Falcon

Yes it is a very nice plane. Of course I would have like to tried out the 737... But Southwest turned me down.

Jim

I fly for them and am based in MYR. Take us. you'll like it. We actually are in a pretty good position to stick around. 16 years and countiing. Ive been there a little over 3. Nice equipment, good people, I enjoy my job. Imagine that.

Booked

The price was right and we are going to try it. But at $120 per ticket round trip I don't see how that's a winning proposition for the airline.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back