MYEH and MYNN hotel recs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

patq1

Headed for Eleuthera (MYEH) and Nassau(MYNN) in the next week or two. Any recommendations for hotels? Thanks,

Pat

Stay on Cable Beach (MYNN), better than Atlantis, also close to the Fish Fry. Just get in a cab and tell them to take you to the fish Fry, you'll be in for a treat. atlantic is fun, but really crowded and the rooms are not all that noice compared to other hotels in the area.

yeah, the hilton in nassau isn't bad.. and doesn't break the bank(relatively speaking). It's been about a year, but the room was nice adn they have a little beach behind the hotel. It's in the older part of town near where the cruise ships dock, so if there's a ship in port there's probably stuff (chicks )to do. If not they roll up the sidewalks. Mostly Nassau just sucks.

My main reason for the British Colonial Hilton is that its centrally located to everything. If you stay anyplace else, you're going to need a car, cab, or God forbid the $1 bus!! But if you want that one of a kind experience, ride the bus anyway!! And after going to Nassau about a dozen times in 3 years, some for as long as 7 days...it'll start to suck after day 3. Still at the beach and not in Upstate NY!! My wife hates me.

Senior Frogs??? Love it. $7 Froggy Margaritas. I eat there and the Hard Rock all the time. However, I can usually eat things that'd make a billy goat puke.

I just stayed at The Wyndham in MYNN on Cable Beach. Cheap, nice beach, basic rooms. The FBO had a rate of $140/night, tax and breakfast included.

Stayed at Tingum Village in MYEH in Jan 06. Paid $150/night. It's a pretty cool "local" place. The other pilot hung a shirt to dry on a lighting fixture outside his room, and it wasn't grounded. He got a hell of a shock. The golf carts were POS, and $50 a day. Drove home in reverse twice. If you want more info, let me know.

Stay on Harbour Island in MYEH if you can find a hotel. It was all booked up when we went so we were at The Cove just north of Gregory Town. It was a nice little resort but I would have rather been on Harbour Island with a little bit more to do and eat. Plus the golf carts on the island looked a lot better than our Cavalier rental which we had to disconnect the battery every night or jump start it every morning.

I've stayed at the Riu Paradise Island, it's all inclusive and right next to Atlantis and no where near the cost. Like someone said before, Pink Sands is nice on Harbour Island but pricey. Some good little bars on the island.

Latest resources

Back