• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Buellher Buellher? Drop and Go?

south of nassau? if it is the same place took a cl604 in there two tears ago tore up the tread on two tires.........runway appears tp be made of coral

Your pax probably going bone fishing. Horrible runway. Lots of crater holes all over the runway. It also probaby is not in your FMS database so you will have to manually put in the Lat Longs. Small ramp with one small shack building. Had a hard time getting a clearance out so think ahead. Definately over fly the runway and pick your most clear line to land. We didn't tear any tread, but I can see how that would be possible.

Yeah i'm just droping and going. The picture of the runway looked rougher than most. Most of them are built on corral anyways but this looks more interesting.

Yeah they are going fishing. It's in our Jepp airnav, and flight deck. Also I'v got to check the Garmin 530 and see if its in there. Its a point of entry so we've got that covered.

By the way you can just take off vfr in the islands and pick up the clearance on the way out? Is there a reason why you tried to get it on the ground?

Thanks for the info I knew someone went to this out of the way place.

ps notapilot would you leave the plane there for a week or just take it back to the mainland? We carry chains and stuff.

yep that was it bone fishing........................................ no tiedowns that i remember and was not in our data base and non controlled airspace no flight following

I don't know about leaving the plane overnight(s). We did take off VFR, and could not get a controller to talk to us until we got closer to the mainland than I would have liked. Have a long list of frequencies ro try to pick up the IFR. We were trying all the frequencies we used going in and no replies on any of them. Good luck.

cool thanks for the info. Drop and go it looks. I think what we will do is take off vfr and head towards nassau freeport and back to our base. I'm sure we'll get back in touch with nassau on the way back.

Thanks for the info. Checked the Garmin 530 and the airport and all the airport info was in there. appreciate the help.

By the way i forgot. If we come out of andros can we clear in fpr or does it have to be mia, pbi or fxe? I'm pretty sure we can clear anywhere but in my other life i usually clear in pbi or mia not fpr.

Anybody clear in fpr? I've never cleared there but figure it can't be worse than pbi or mia.

Last edited:
Diesel said:
By the way i forgot. If we come out of andros can we clear in fpr or does it have to be mia, pbi or fxe? I'm pretty sure we can clear anywhere but in my other life i usually clear in pbi or mia not fpr.

Anybody clear in fpr? I've never cleared there but figure it can't be worse than pbi or mia.
We cleared in FPR coming back from TNCM in teh spring, piece of cake. standard 2 hr prior permission, taxi onto their ramp, the FBO will come over, help you unload al lyour bags..take them in and clear and they will fuel on Customs ramp. We prefer to clear there if we have a choice

yeah mia, pbi and fxe all suck. I'm looking to try something new and its only 8 miles from home base. Thanks for all the info. We'll give it a shot and let you know how good the runway is.

Latest resources

Back