My Thanks to the Flight Info Webmaster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

I for one want to thank our web master for allowing the room and taking the time to recognize our fine group of professionals...I wanted to be sure our over-the-Burlap-wall crew schedulers were acknowledged as well.

Since the begining of time, the dark rooms of flight dispatch and crew schedulers have performed remarkable work to keep our respective airlines and companies operating through very tough times, and high pressure quick-thinking choices. Most of the time we have our management right there watching our every move or there to assist.

I am hopeful that this section will shed some light into our world highlighting the reasons and choices we have to make, the situations that force those decesions that effect the flight crews work and working conditions.

I am also hopeful that we can gain more insight to you're world of the pilots and Flight Attendants, so we can look into making adjustments to our thinking, or implement improvements which will benefit us all.

We are all in this industry because we love aviation and most of us have worked very hard to get where we are today. Though not many of us in dispatch hold an ATP certificate, we do have the same basic knowledge base as the ATP and in some cases more specialized training just like pilots do in the aircraft. Many of us do hold Valid Pilots certificates which is a big plus in helping our crews.
I think I speak for most dispatchers and schedulers on this one, we are all here to perform our part to help you the Pilots & F/A's perform your's and do it to the benefit of the Passengers and the company.
We all need each other here and we would appreciate your understanding and respect of the many roles in which we perform with little fanfare, consideration or praise from the outside world, work that contributes directly to keeping these companies moving everyday.

JMHO.....

Why not. Thank you dispatchers, FAs, ATC, all the behind the scenes folks who help make it happen in very tough times.

rvsm410 said:
I for one want to thank our web master for allowing the room and taking the time to recognize our fine group of professionals...I wanted to be sure our over-the-Burlap-wall crew schedulers were acknowledged as well.

Since the begining of time, the dark rooms of flight dispatch and crew schedulers have performed remarkable work to keep our respective airlines and companies operating through very tough times, and high pressure quick-thinking choices. Most of the time we have our management right there watching our every move or there to assist.

I am hopeful that this section will shed some light into our world highlighting the reasons and choices we have to make, the situations that force those decesions that effect the flight crews work and working conditions.

I am also hopeful that we can gain more insight to you're world of the pilots and Flight Attendants, so we can look into making adjustments to our thinking, or implement improvements which will benefit us all.

We are all in this industry because we love aviation and most of us have worked very hard to get where we are today. Though not many of us in dispatch hold an ATP certificate, we do have the same basic knowledge base as the ATP and in some cases more specialized training just like pilots do in the aircraft. Many of us do hold Valid Pilots certificates which is a big plus in helping our crews.
I think I speak for most dispatchers and schedulers on this one, we are all here to perform our part to help you the Pilots & F/A's perform your's and do it to the benefit of the Passengers and the company.
We all need each other here and we would appreciate your understanding and respect of the many roles in which we perform with little fanfare, consideration or praise from the outside world, work that contributes directly to keeping these companies moving everyday.

JMHO.....

Yeah yeah, whatever....Now that thats out of the way...Where my extra fuel!!!! :) :)

Like Mini would say I Keed I Keed!

Snorter.....

Check line 44 of you're release, I listed an extra 2000 lbs under the snivel factor...yee ha.....here we go...lets play nice now :)

rvsm410 said:
Snorter.....

Check line 44 of you're release, I listed an extra 2000 lbs under the snivel factor...yee ha.....here we go...lets play nice now :)

Lessee....{scanning release}....2000 lbs snivel factor....good good I am a good sniveler.........hey hey wait a minute here!!.........HOW COME IT'S NOT FILED DIRECT?? Don't you know happy hour ends at 6pm? Come on now, direct would get us an extra 8.3 minutes at the bar!!

Boy, can't get a good dispatcher these days!! :):)

Last edited:
KS, for the third time, I can't file you direct to the bar, only to the destination airport. It's up to you to get from your seat to the stool. :)

SKC said:
KS, for the third time, I can't file you direct to the bar, only to the destination airport. It's up to you to get from your seat to the stool. :)

Aww crap, you know it's things like this they do not tell you in the brochure at career day! :)

I checked the ARFF on that bar he wants...its good to go, all the equipment he will need, however the runway analysis, is a bit shady and the ILS is always OTS when the Wx is below mins....

dispatcher121 said:
LOL....amend your clearance! I have flights to release! ;)

What!!?? {Look of complete shock on face} Amend my own clearance?? What do you think I am? I am a highly paid professional pilot here, I have no time to file a flight plan. "Hey Joe....yeah you...snapperhead with the three stripes" {motioning to the F/O} get away from that F/A, she'll give you the drips"......."not that I know personally.....just what I heard.....yeah thats it heard...in the crew room....no not him either.....boy you are desperate aren't you?" "Anyhow get over here and go get me a Grande Coffee from starbucks.....oh yea, and refile the clearance too you goober!"

{mumbling} " Amend my own clearance....Ha" {Shuffles off to the can and comb my hair} :) :)

Last edited:
rvsm410 said:
I checked the ARFF on that bar he wants...its good to go, all the equipment he will need, however the runway analysis, is a bit shady and the ILS is always OTS when the Wx is below mins....

{Eyes wide with excitement} Finally a dispatcher that understands the average airline pilot!!!!!! {Doing a little dance} Happy Happy Day!!!

RVSM, I need your work schedule for the next ....oh 6 years or so....gonna buddy bid with my favorite dispatcher!! OOOOOOhhh I can't wait...ILS to barstool 36R.....

Hey you think there is any chance of getting a CATIII approach installed at the bar? Know anybody at the FAA? Auto land capability would free me up to change into my styling clothes on final. :)

Latest resources

Back