My marriage is falling apart...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flex*wife

I finally realized today my spouse is cheating on me. When we got married, I had so much hope. Even after he started being abusive to me, I tried hard to look away and hope tomorrow would be better day.

We signed a prenup that promised me he would always treat me well and take care of me. I put my faith in that contract. When I asked him why he wouldn't honor it, he laughed and said it wasn't worth the piece of paper it was written on.

What makes matter worse, he invited my sister to come live with him in our brand new house - the much bigger and newer house - while I stay behind in the old one. If he had chosen the pretty sister I could try to understand, after all he said his desire was to build a bigger better empire, but he didn't. He chose the ugly, stupid sister all because she promised to do dirty things for him no one with self-respect would do and that excites him.

I went to a lawyer and told him because of my circumstances, even though I don't trust him or like him, I have to stay married. I expressed hope outside counseling could at least help us come to terms and figure out a way toward the future. After all, I have invested too much time to start over somewhere else. I've seen what he did to his previous wife but I am scared if I stand up for myself, he will just get more abusive.

Maybe a counselor could hold him accountable. I was willing to give that a try but he refused and said he would thwart every effort toward counseling I made. He said if I persisted, he might through me out of the house all together. He threw 3 of our kids out on the street to make sure the others didn't turn against him too. I believe him when he says he will stop at nothing to keep me in my rightful place under his rule. My eyes have been opened. This isn't marriage, this is indentured servitude. In his eyes I am worthless. He is the King and I am there to serve him.

I asked the lawyer what I should do. He said "Ma'am, you came to the wrong office. You want the family attorney down the hall. I am a business lawyer, it would be inappropriate for me to connect my expertise to marriage. However, if I found out my wife was cheating on me, the first thing I would do is protect myself anyway I could. I would look at finances, promises and responsibilities. I would get as much security as I could and safeguard what I had before it went any farther. In business we know if you can't trust your partner, you get a contract. It's a shame you don't have that option. Perhaps you should realize that what you are seeking is a business relationship and not a marriage. If you decide that it is, then perhaps I can help you."

So that is where I am. I guess I have to decide just exactly what kind of relationship this is. Oh no! What am I going to do?

(disclaimer: This is a parody toward Kenn Ricci's creepy claims in his book Managament by (mis)Trust, equating the employer/employee relationship to marriage. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this as bizarre and disturbing but at least it helps to put it in perspective.)

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear its just a parody! If Uncle can destroy your family and friends, he has you where he wants you. Your new "friend" will be the company. Then you can do all of the overtime you want or let your daughter try to find a "husband" from the OCC.

Management by Trust -- THE MOVIE!

https://youtu.be/WpE_xMRiCLE

That about sums it up ^^.

Yup. That pretty much does sum it up.

If it wasn't real life, the parody of all things DAC would be pretty freaking funny, including some of the new sellout boy scout in chief.

I thought the boy scouts had an honor code? Must just be a myth.

From what I hear is being said on the line and at the pickle bar it is a tiny, tiny bit funny to watch him be a blowhard on yammer but mostly just sad. When he can't ignore he blusters and huffs and puffs. He is going to blow that union house down by golly.

When is he going to realize he lost all credibility when AA went out the door as the 3rd hostage? I used to think he'd be good choice to come back to the line and lead pilots forward in the union but after Friday's move I doubt any will ever trust him again.

Any truth to the rumor it's about RHs little pansy feelings being hurt by the FJ-POC letter that called him a petulant child or something like that? That's why he fired AA?

He can suck it now as far as my family is concerned.

At FO we had "managers" that were forced back to the line. What happened to them? There were less than a handful of pilots that they were willing to fly with them because they wondered if they were the next ones to be stabbed in the back.

Hey Ms. Flex*wife, maybe you could take some of the just announced Bonus Money and seek the services of a good marriage counselor to patch up your overstressed marriage. While your at it, ask the good counselor why you feel compelled to bad mouth fellow pilots on this public board and have become the shrillest, most ill-natured poster here(not an easy task). I’m afraid you have already drunk too much of Cap’n Crunch’s cool-aid, but it won’t hurt to ask.
WL

Hey Ms. Flex*wife, maybe you could take some of the just announced Bonus Money and seek the services of a good marriage counselor to patch up your overstressed marriage. While your at it, ask the good counselor why you feel compelled to bad mouth fellow pilots on this public board and have become the shrillest, most ill-natured poster here(not an easy task). I?m afraid you have already drunk too much of Cap?n Crunch?s cool-aid, but it won?t hurt to ask.
WL

Have you guys noticed that the two of you are the only ones left on here still trashing the union? Where did all your friends go? Did they see the light that has so far only blinded you? I know one of your ideological compatriots ran off to restart his union negotiated and contracturally protected career over at AA?

It would be the purest form of hypocracy for that guy to say anything bad about unions on here now, wouldn't it?

I also know that at least one of you knows that when a union drive is successful senior management will be looking for a fall guy. Perhaps this is why you and your little buddy soldier on alone? Even in the face of overwming evidence that your fellow pilots desperately need representation.

Everyone will remember you had purely selfish motivations.

I know one of your ideological compatriots ran off to restart his union negotiated and contracturally protected career over at AA?

It would be the purest form of hypocracy for that guy to say anything bad about unions on here now, wouldn't it?

It's equally naive to think that the situation that helped fuel the need for McKaskill-Bond was a great deal for anyone that has returned to AA.

Hey Ms. Flex*wife, maybe you could take some of the just announced Bonus Money and seek the services of a good marriage counselor to patch up your overstressed marriage. While your at it, ask the good counselor why you feel compelled to bad mouth fellow pilots on this public board and have become the shrillest, most ill-natured poster here(not an easy task). I?m afraid you have already drunk too much of Cap?n Crunch?s cool-aid, but it won?t hurt to ask.
WL

Ohhhhhh Rick or the other one (whichever one is using the account today). Sooooooo sorry I've hurt your little b!tch feelings. I guess it's really a good thing I am just a wife or you'd figure out a way to fire me too.

Yeah, everyone knows your dirty little secret about why and you've lost all respect. Even the sycophants are only hanging on to get what's "theirs" but have seen you for what you are as of last Friday.

It's one thing to have Ricci fire two guys because they're union organizers. It's a whole other thing to be complicit and start doing it yourself for number 3.

Pathetic.

Nice try on the bonus. Are you checking metadata again?

Latest resources

Back