Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
We "screwed the pooch" so to speak...I get to submit my first ASRS when I get home (at least we didn't get a phone # to call). It's a little embarrassing to make a stupid mistake when you consider yourself a professional.

What's the time frame for filing one? Is it longer than 48 hrs?

Postmarked ten days, admit nothing in the title line of the return slip, and you needn't (and shouldn't) advertise you've filed until you've been served notice by the FAA with a letter of investigation, or notice of proposed certificate action.

It's 10 days from the occurance. Just to be safe send it registered mail, with a return receipt. That'll prove (in addition to the post mark) that you sent it in time.

Good luck.

Flying Illini said:
It's a little embarrassing to make a stupid mistake when you consider yourself a professional.

Perhaps embarrassing but get used to it, I don't think any professional pilot or otherwise can claim to never have made a mistake.
I think the professional part of it is what you do with the experience from here.

Flyin Tony said:
So what "didn't you" do?

As much as I would like to share to maybe help others avoid the same mistake, I think I will take avbug's advice for the time-being and keep mute on the actual occurrance.
ps. no lives were endangered.

When you mail this...

It is REALLY important you have proof of mailing.

That means when you send it if off you mail it, "Certified - Return Receipt).

That should cost you about $3. However, it gives you proof of when you mailed it and it gives you proof of when it arrived.

It could be important to have this proof if it comes down to it.

Wankel

You know you've truly reached professional pilot status when you call the wife and ask her to send the ASRS envelope #4.

Or for us single folks, you open the PDF form and realize the previous mistake is still in there, and it is not much different than the mistake you just made, again.

*SIGH*

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

JediNein said:
You know you've truly reached professional pilot status when you call the wife and ask her to send the ASRS envelope #4.
I thought it was when you called her and said to burn all of your logbooks, NOW!

Latest resources

Back