Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VNugget

suck squeeze bang blow
Well that was a fun weekend in Delano, CA. 7.0 hours and $630 later, I return with a 1st place in the Primary category. Good thing there was at least one other competitor, or that competition would have been a lot like my sex life. While I only had to beat one guy (in a Christen Eagle, with my measly rental Citabria nonetheless!) to earn that one, I also won a special award put out by American Champion Aircraft for the highest scoring Citabria/Decathlon, for which I scored higher than a couple of Decathlons in higher categories.

But in the end, fun was had by all. In any case, Primary is just "aww cute, you competed in aerobatics," while Sportsman will be where it actually gets serious, and where I can finally relearn some humility ;)

Too bad I might be out of a plane as the owner doesn't wanna send this one to any more contests, so we'll have to see what I can do about that.

Last edited:
Thanks!

All positive G, except for the roll (all competition rolls are slow rolls). You can check out this year's known sequences here. And I was in the KCAB.

Latest resources

Back