My experiences at Ari Ben

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like things haven't changed.

It sounds like things haven't changed in the few years since I spent a week there. I was able to avoid paying until I got the multi ticket and bolted, which I ended up paying more for than the advertised price, but I dropped the time building, so that made sense.

I was the guinea pig for a few of my buddies, and needless to say they didn't go after my experience. I was told I'd have an apartment, and spent the night in 4 different hotels over 6 nights, as each day they said I'd have an apartment the next night. I hadn't driven down there, so I was trying to hitch rides from instructors, which resulted in full days spent there.

I realized after my second flight that I wasn't going to be doing the time building. My instructor at the time was good, but everything else wasn't as advertised. I even got a "free" FAA safety seminar during which the FSDO showed pictures of airplanes that weren't "in the best of shape", to put it nicely, and said that the company didn't have any of those.........:erm:.

Most of my experiences were the same. Instruments that didn't work, maintenance and other problems that were recurring and "fixed" or were told not to worry about. Once again, look out for yourself.

It's tough to do, but I highly suggest people attempt to visit these places that have such great "deals". I know I learned, and my buddies did too. Though once again, I did have a good instructor and examiner. Take it for what it's worth.

Day 11

Hello again! Thanks for the replys. Just another update. The bosses at Ari Ben found out about this thread, and I have been kicked out.

I know it's a speed bump in your plans to build hours, but from your description of these events, that action may have saved your life. If they're skimping on "luxuries" like instruments, what are they skimping on under the hood? (Besides alternators... :eek: )

Early in my career, I used to work for a small operator who skimped on maintenance, and I'm glad I made it out alive. The wake-up call was when his charter Navajo was performing poorly, and the charter pilot refused to fly it until it was inspected on the field. (Normally all the planes were ferried to another airport, where the boss had a friendly shop that would do an "annual" on anything for $300.) A compression check revealed 4 of the 6 cylinders on each engine were blown. I'm amazed the thing even got in the air! I am pleased to report that the school is no longer operating in Florida.

To Ari-Ben: If you found out about this thread, I'd invite you to sign up here and explain your side of the story. I'd really like to hear your explanation of your maintenance practices.

Falcon Flight in SFB rents out the Duchess for $100/hr dry. Find a buddy and split the costs. Good maint too.

You can get 100 hours PIC for $5k plus half the fuel costs.

Kudos to you for being honest about how they run their operation. If there were more peer reviews of some of these places maybe they would try to run a better operation.

Ari-Ben has been mentioned on various internet message boards and the experiences are similar. You said nothing disparaging about them that was unfounded.

To Ari-Ben: If you found out about this thread, I'd invite you to sign up here and explain your side of the story. I'd really like to hear your explanation of your maintenance practices.

I'll have to second that. If there's a representative of Ari-Ben who has perused this thread, would you please clarify some of what has been described as poor maintenance and dishonest advertising. What's your side of the story.

Remember dcramer16. Here in the Matrix the virus is watching you Mr. Anderson!!!! Run Run!!!!! Hang up the phone!!! This site is tap!!!!! Run!!! Run!!!!

Remember dcramer16. Here in the Matrix the virus is watching you Mr. Anderson!!!! Run Run!!!!! Hang up the phone!!! This site is tap!!!!! Run!!! Run!!!!

? Do you speak'a any english?

Previous Ari-Ben backroom quickie post.........

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1145883#post1145883
Flying there gives you real world experience. If you're use to mommie and daddy new 2006 c-182 or uncle's king air then this isn't the place for you. This is a place to LEARN the life of a freight dog. You guys will be puppies in training.
*You will fly 10 plus hours a nite.
*Sometimes the GPS isn't working.
The paint on some of the plane are not as nice as granny reading room, but you will gain experience in all types of weather. I PROMISE YOU!! You will learn to pay attention to you partner and critique him. No time for sleepy flight attendants. If you're a MEI like me it would be all PIC any way. You will get lots of IMC. I PROMISE YOU!!!! This will in fact teach you a lesson after your big test. And for you Regional guys, the airline can't gets enought of us. When the weather is throwing that be-76 around and you're praying to god, you're in fact getting a lesson that the flight school didn't and couldn't prepare you for. Sitting your @$$ for 5.7 hours at a time for 100 hours would infact let you know if this is the type of stuff that i want to do for the next 20 to 30 years. The maintence is great. I PROMISE YOU!!!! The different adventures and airports that you'll visit is better.
This will put you instrument skills to the test. This plane cockpit is almost just like the navajo pa-31. Think POSITIVE and watch the jobs call ya'. As a safety pilot you'll learn things because that new person you're flying with my be sleepy on there instrument skill. You could learn alot from a dummy.

again, do you speak the english, mang?

Thank you

Thank you for your post. I was seriously considering going there for the MEI and Multi-building in January. I will look around now. If anyone has had positive experiences with a multi time building program, let me know. Thanks.

Also if anyone has used Aviation Atlanta for their MEI and time building would you please send a PM with your experiences.

Metro
I was only trying to protect this puppy identity. This place is to vent in secret considering your name isn't Metro 752. Flight schools are in many ways like employers which they can't stand being badmouth about. Myself; I loved the timebuilding program. Maybe I was too dum to realize the cramp that was goin' on while I was on puppy power to Key West in yellow and dark green storms everynite over the swamps around Marco Island. Venting is one thing, getting caught and trying get all your money back; Priceless headache

Benu, I hope you weren't refering to me. I am assuming you were. I am not trying to hide my identity. My last name is Cramer, same as my id. I'm glad you enjoyed the time building program. As I have said in other posts on other sites, I understand that while I have had a very negative experience there, I'm sure that other people have had positive experiences too. That is why I never said anything like "this school sucks" or "don't go here". As far as getting caught. I said that I think in my first post. I figured I would be found out. In regards to "trying to get all your money back", I never once asked Ari Ben to refund all my money. I didn't speak with them at all about my refund. They said they were going to refund the portion I didn't use. That was fine by me, I never asked for anything, instead, I took what they gave me. Which was by the way, the correct amount, I have to say they were fair with my refund, and didn't try and screw me any.

Like I said, I am assuming you were refering to me in your last post, if not, sorry for the mixup.

Latest resources

Back