Must wait for ID90?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PhatAJ2008

About to get a job working for Pinnacle as a Ramp/Csvc Agent. We work all Pinnacle flights and Gulfstream and COEX. Until today I believed I would be able to fly for free on all three, since we do work their flights. I found out that I must wait about 6 months to get an ID90 or something to fly on Gulfstream and COEX. The reason I took the job was because I believed I could fly home whenever I wanted on Gulfstream, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Can't my past Airline experience count for the 6 month wait period to get an ID90? Not sure the job is worth $6.90/hr without it...

Last edited:
Can't my past Airline experience count for the 6 month wait period to get an ID90? Not sure the job is worth $6.90/hr without it...

What made you think you would get pass travel on all those airlines simply because you work their flights at a specific airport? Comair services my airline at some locations, should they get free travel on my airline?

You get pass travel on your airline or the airline partner your company works for.

Should your prior experience count... NO

PhatAJ2008 said:
About to get a job working for Pinnacle as a Ramp/Csvc Agent. We work all Pinnacle flights and Gulfstream and COEX. Until today I believed I would be able to fly for free on all three, since we do work their flights. I found out that I must wait about 6 months to get an ID90 or something to fly on Gulfstream and COEX. The reason I took the job was because I believed I could fly home whenever I wanted on Gulfstream, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Can't my past Airline experience count for the 6 month wait period to get an ID90? Not sure the job is worth $6.90/hr without it...

Man, life is tough.

I would say to go get a job at Gulfstream:)

Comair services my airline at some locations, should they get free travel on my airline?
The ppl who service your airline should.. atleast I believe that's the way it should be, but oh well.

The only reason I wanted the job was to fly home occasionally. I was working for a contract handler last year, GAT, and we didn't get any benefits. I assumed working for the airline directly would have flight priviliges.. I guess I was wrong.

I assumed working for the airline directly would have flight privileges.. I guess I was wrong

You should (and probably do) have pass travel on your airline... ya know, the one you work for.

Other airlines let you buy discounted (not always) tickets on them. They allow you to do this as a courtesy and they make the rules. During the interview when they asked if you had any questions, this could have been one of them.

On a side note.. Why do you feel that the people who service an airplane (on a contract basis) deserve pass travel on that carrier? I'm not following your thought process here. Your airline is getting paid to service that flight. You're getting paid to service airplanes. You don't work for any airline other than the one that pays your salary. Why should XYZ carrier give you free travel when you don't work for them?

you get pass privies quick on the company you work for.

for other airlines you get whatever deal your airline negotiated. some agreements are id-90, some id-75, some are zed fares. some let you buy em in 6 months, others make you wait a year.

you will get to buy id-90s.. you just have to wait 6 months. i'm sure you can curb your homesickness for at least 6 months. if you cant stand to be away from home for 6 months, dont take the job.

Why do you feel that the people who service an airplane (on a contract basis) deserve pass travel on that carrier?

I just had that idea in my head before I got into this industry. I believed the people who deal with an airline's aircraft and passenger problems would get a little compensation from that airline.

This may not be a good example, but it puts into perspective my "thought process."

...I have a friend who works for a store called Pacific Sunware... Not only do they sell their own brand of clothing, but also other brands made by other companies. Every month he gets free clothing from the store, no matter who made it, the company he works for, or the company that uses the store to sell their stuff in...

I do realize this is Airline vs. Clothing industry, but that is where my thought process was. Sorry if it was wrong.

Latest resources

Back