• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Must read books

SWPA Pilot

Total Time
enough
Thanks to recommendations from flightinfo.com, I just finished "Hard Landings" by Tom Petzinger and "Confessions of a Union Buster" by Marty Levitt. These are must read books for anyone in the aviation business.

Pilottodd2

Total Time
I just finished "Flying High". The story of Jet Blue and David Neeleman. Very interesting. I recommend it if only to see the mentality of jetBlue. Good, sound philosophy. Hopefully it will last.
And no, I do not work for jetBlue.

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
Any good books for those of us getting OUT of the aviation industry after 30+ years?

Maybe some good Frank Bama tales?

Total Time
Any good books for those of us getting OUT of the aviation industry after 30+ years?

I would recommend you search Amazon for books on "Funeral Planning"

phishn@daves

Total Time
Doug Parker said:

I would recommend you search Amazon for books on "Funeral Planning"

Ha, now that is funny.............and I know funny.

ferlo

Banned
mohammed is the BOMB!!!!
Total Time
"commercial real estate development- practices and principles"

It's a text book, but I think all professional pilots should read it.

T-prop

Ab Initio is the best...
Total Time
I am in the middle of a "Forever Flying" R.A. "Bob" Hoover's Autobiography. I wish I could have seen him perform before he retired. He is the real deal, and there will never be anyone that will be as good as he is/was. I highly recommend it.

Bongo

Total Time
Bush Pilot with a Briefcase-The Grant MacConachie story.
Stick and Rudder
Weather Flying

BigMotorToter

Total Time
All books written by Capt. Bob Buck

Pilots burden
Weather flying
North Star over my shoulder
etc...

Also (not by Capt. Buck) "Flyboys" and "Flags of our Fathers".

and to add my 2 cents in on "Hard Landing", this should be mandatory reading for anyone in aviation, pretty much the bible (old testament) of modern aviation.