• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlightControl.... Addictive little f^cker
;)

I have flightcrew iLog - it's ok and getting better

wish APDL had an app- and let me know if they do- i've searched and no luck and my history with them is being retardedly slow at keeping up- iPhone is easily pilot's most popular smartphone with an easy process to create apps- and they don't have an app? WTF?
Hope I'm wrong and they either have one or one coming shortly

Last edited:
I would like to see an app that loads an atlas, like the captains atlas, so I can identify which river,mountain ,lake etc...with a vor layover for orientation. It has to be able to be used without an internet connection ie cashed on the phone.

I keep looking. Does this exist?

I use and like,
Flight track pro, for commuting........aeroweather

I also like ny times and usa today. Both free. I down load the paper every morning and then read them enroute with phone in airplane mode. No longer dependant on the hotels for a paper.

Great, another guy that has to show me all his "cool Iphone apps". I am sick of pilots and their iphones! not trying to single you out, but when you get this please don't keep showing the people you fly with all the "cool stuff" it can do.

i get it - you can load up a map and see where you are. Been doing that a few years prior to iphone coming out!

Bummer, stuck in a sprint contract huh?

navmonster.com
flightlookup.com
flightaware.com
weatherunderground.com has a great mobile site where you can really zoom the radar, the wundermap

...yeah, I know they're not apps, but they're useful links ;)

For Nav, navimatics has a free/paid maps app called Aero Maps. Free in the SEA area, paid for the rest. It might work standalone with newer iphones with gps, or you can scroll around yourself.

Last edited:
Aeroweather is good, the crew rest one might not be tailored to your contract. Don't waste time buying any of the airport status ones, best thing to do is get a link to the FAA's real time status, it will tell you where the ground stops and delay programs are and won't cost you anything.

If you have a Mac computer, get LogTen, it's a logbook that works fairly well.

Do you know if Logten can import pairing information off of company websites like CCS at CAL? I just downloaded the FlightCrew ilog and found that function to be fantastic. Apparently there is no master log to download the ilog too however, or is there?

Latest resources

Back