Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Murray awarded $32M contract with US government?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I think that is true... I just left Murray due to the gross lack of flying over the last two years. It seems that business has picked up a fair amount though since I left. The are running some sort of contract out of Miami to the Caribbean right now and of course as we speak are busy with supplying extra lift for the UPS Xmas rush. Don't know exactly what the 32mil is for because I am fairly certain they have yet to do a DOD flight. Who knows, might be a good job in a few years, as they have a really outstanding DO who is molding the place into a real airline.

Not sure that my decision to leave was the best but I couldn't stand living in YIP and not flying but once a month. As far as the CASS approval... that is something they said is in the works over a year ago. A lot of good people there of course and it's an awesome job if you like collecting a fairly "secure" paycheck for not working. They were just sold to National Air Cargo(I think that's it) and they want to get more 8's. Unfortunately they didn't seem to have any interest in 75's or 76's which I simply cannot understand. Especially since the 8 is increasingly harder to find in reasonable working order. Who knows, maybe if I had the answers I would be pushing a pencil and swinging the gear:rolleyes:

I heard Murray is looking hard at aquiring a certain -8 operator who has several combis and does a bit of DOD work also.

Thought I heard they pay $18K a year to sit side ways on the DC-8. Anybody know if that is true or perhaps if the pay rate has gone up? If true, even they make the regionals look good. At least you get to touch the controls and fly something only a few years old. Just curious.

PFE's only, and they make more than FO's($52 at 50hrs). Not sure if they are hiring just yet, heard some talk about a class in the near future.

I heard Murray is looking hard at aquiring a certain -8 operator who has several combis and does a bit of DOD work also.

I assume you are talking about ATI? If so, where did you hear they were interested in “acquiring” our operation? They might be looking at picking up a couple of our 8s, as our new owner is replacing them with 767s; however, that is a far cry from taking over our entire operation.

PS,

No one can “acquire” our combi/DOD contracts.

Latest resources

Back