Murray Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Latko

Does anyone have info on this company located near Detroit? Bascially wanted to know if they are a decent company or your typical 135 outfit. I'm also interested in pay scales, upgrade times, etc.
This is for future consideration...I'm sure they're not hiring either. Thanks guys!

All I know about Murray is that their airplanes seemed to be parked when the rest of the operators were moving. A friend of mine use to work there...er be on Murray wefare...get his base pay and never flew for over 3 weeks! The last I knew the pay was pretty bad...maybe $250 a week base? Don't quote me on that though.

Good luck to ya!

-Misplaced

Sky Pigs

They fly the CASA 212 "Sky Pig", lots of hand flying no auto pilot no FD, no pressurization. Before the big slow down they rasied the pay. They have pilots laid off right now, we have hired a bunch of there guys in the past, they were all good pilots and had no problems upgrading in the jet

I was one of those who went from Murray to the place that PilotYIP is talking about. It wasn't much of a decision to leave Murray, but I had the flight time to do it.

I wouldn't put into the "pay raise" that Murray had. About 8 months after the small raise, everyone's pay was cut 25% and their days off reduced to 4. Per Month. And sometimes they would require you to fly on your days off without getting paid for it.

The latest rumors from that side of the field were that they were going to sell some of their Casas. But they are still sitting there...

If someone wants more information about Murray, send me a private message. I worked there for a short while...

iaflyer

I agree with the above, a good place to work when times were good, probably not the best bet right now. They have guys laid off, and I believe that some of the CASA's are up for sale. I spent a little better than 1 year there from March 1999 to May 2000. The pay sucked and the schedule sucked. I actually took a big pay cut from flight instructing if you can believe that. However.....I was able to hire in with under 50 hours of multi-time, and within 6 months I was upgrading and logging turbine PIC time in a transport catagory airplane. There are not too many places you can do that. The people were really great to work with (other pilots and management folks), and the airplanes were maintained pretty well. All things comsidered, my time spent there was worth it. Now days, it might be a little questionable. Send me a private message if you wish, and I can fill you on any other questions. Good luck.

No, they took the twin otter out - what they LEFT was the box...

iaflyer

and it proves that if you put enough horsepower on a box, it will fly too.

Latest resources

Back