Multiple Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdub20s

#1 How many of you guys give the ground crew a salute after pushback?? Is that a thing of the past?

#2 Do the regional guys carry firearms in the cockpit? or is that just for the big guys?

#3 Do you find once you put on that uniform..do catch a lot of looks from the ladies? do they flock to you asking questions??

#1 How many of you guys give the ground crew a salute after pushback?? Is that a thing of the past?

#2 Do the regional guys carry firearms in the cockpit? or is that just for the big guys?

#3 Do you find once you put on that uniform..do catch a lot of looks from the ladies? do they flock to you asking questions??

#1. I like to give the PHL ground crews the one finger salute.

#2. My 22" bicepts are my guns... but some "regional guys" carry firearms. They are FFDOs.

#3. Yeah... last week I got a "excuse me sir, where is baggage claim" and not too long ago, in an unfamiliar airport, "where would I be able to find a taxi?" It is probably everything you are hoping for.

Any airline pilot would already know the answers to these. It shouldn't matter to anyone else. why the questions?

1). Our FOM says to salute, but since it doesn't designate who does the saluting I let the rabbit on the dashboard handle it.

2). Regional pilots are allowed to carry pellet guns due to scope clauses, but train at State Fair game booths which is a lot more realistic in terms of the type of passenger all airlines carry these days.

3). Contrary to popular belief, pilots give off anti-hot-chick fermones.

Last edited:
1. I gives dem a "Yo Yo Yo" Highfive.
2. Convicted Felons kan't karry a gat.
3. All duh "Ladies" luvs me.... Bouyyyyyyyy.....

1. I give them the Col. Klink salute.

2. All the flight attendants keep telling me that I am packing, or I have a nice package. But I'm not an FFDO.

3. Yeah, I wear my Uniform everywhere I can. Grocery Store, etc... I cause feelings in people they themselves don't understand.

1). 2). Regional pilots are allowed to carry pellet guns due to scope clauses, but train at State Fair game booths which is a lot more realistic in terms of the type of passenger all airlines carry these days.

Actually regional guys do carry real siderarms because they have not been affected by scope. Most of the mainline guys haven't been able to win the scope fight yet. The weapons are also proportional to the size of the plane. for example. A guy flying a CRJ 900 might have a .32 or .38 while the guy flying the 1900 will have something like a .454 or .50 cal. So it could be stated that: The wepon's size is inversly proportional with the size of the aircraft being flown. :)

Latest resources

Back