Multiple NASA forms?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RIOtoPilot

A friend called asking advice on NASA ASRS forms. It appears he flew a jet into a questionable incident, but one that the FAA said wouldn't garner certificate action. His company wants him to fill out a NASA form just in case, but I told him that I thought there was a statute on these things and that he might want to think about saving the form. Does anyone know if the form is a one time shot or is there a time limit on these forms? Thanks in advance. And, no it's not me.

Check out AC 00-46, that will give you the details.

To answer the original question, you can submit as many forms as you want as often as you want. If you have recieved a violation in the past 5 years then the penalty associated with a reported incident that results in a violation will not be waived. (I don't have the AC in front of me, so look this up to be certain)

The form must be delivered/postmarked within ten days of the incident to be considered "timely".

That must have been one heck of a flight!

Tell you buddy to fill out the forms. They serve a purpose other than merely a "get out of jail free" card. They are an educational tool as well.

'Sled

It can't hurt.

RIOtoPilot said:
...but one that the FAA said wouldn't garner certificate action.

Um, sure. Talk is cheap.

So is the form.

File as many as you want but do it quick.

Keep 'em in your flight bag too (you know, for your friends!)

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back