• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multi Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have not heard of that particular program, but have another idea for you. Many 135 outfits have a program that allows lower time pilots to fly part 91 legs to gain multiengine experience. You might check with charter companies in your area. Good luck!

Read their agreement, then consider carefully what it means when their airplane breaks down in the middle of east bumf. And notice they don't mention their rate anywhere on their website, but expect non-refundable money orders or bank wire transfers for payment.

Dude DO NOT go to that place. I have a buddy that went there. The guy has one airplane not all the ones shown on the web. He takes all the money up front and does not deliver. Then when it comes time for a refund you get burned. If you want proof ill put you in contact with a guy that went through this guys program. He paid for 100 hr and ended up getting 45 due to a broken airplane. If you type in some of the tail numbers on to google you will find that many of his airplanes listed are for sale in different states and the same pictures are posted on his site. Its a complete scam....... PM me if you want more info..

That's what I thought. I called and some guy was trying to say that instructors log their single engine time as SIC and airlines don't give a ******************** about SIC time. Furthermore he tried saying there was basically no difference between a Seminole and Dash8. Both twins was his logic. Im not going to get into that for the obvious reasons lol. Needless to say he was Indian and came from India were he was flying A320's througout the Middle East and India. He also admitted to me and said Indain pilots are not as good as American counterparts wtf? Ya thats no bullsh*t I wish I could have taped the phone call.

That's what I thought. I called and some guy was trying to say that instructors log their single engine time as SIC and airlines don't give a ******************** about SIC time. Furthermore he tried saying there was basically no difference between a Seminole and Dash8. Both twins was his logic. Im not going to get into that for the obvious reasons lol. Needless to say he was Indian and came from India were he was flying A320's througout the Middle East and India. He also admitted to me and said Indain pilots are not as good as American counterparts wtf? Ya thats no bullsh*t I wish I could have taped the phone call.

If I recall, we had a lengthy discussion here several years ago about SIC time. I think the gist of it was that SIC time is logged when you are serving as SIC in an aircraft where an SIC is a required crew member. When I instruct, I am PIC, because everything that happens during that flight is my responsibility. Just ask the FAA who is in the wrong when there is an instructor on board.

Your phone contact may have been referring to the fact that job apps and logbooks make no distinction about twin time. Certainly, Dash 8 time is not of the same experience or quality as Seminole time, but the only way that is noted is if you are asked to break out the twin time you have in different aircraft. In your logbook, multi time is pretty much seen as just that.

And yes, PIC time is most important to carriers. SCI time helps you meet the multi and total time requirements, but if you have a lot of PIC time, particularly if you have multi turbine PIC time, that is best.

Last edited:
Commercial time anywhere?

I realize this may be a silly sounding question. But does anyone know of an outfit that sells/offers "commercial" time without being directly employed. I am aware that there are insurance implications, but if I am not mistaken I recall a company in FL that used to offer SIC flights on BE 1900s to the Caribbean a few years ago. I really am not looking for monetary compensation, but am in dire need of a few commercial, multi-engine, multi-crew hours to keep an application with a foreign carrier alive. Unfortunately safety pilot time does not count. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

I realize this may be a silly sounding question. But does anyone know of an outfit that sells/offers "commercial" time without being directly employed. I am aware that there are insurance implications, but if I am not mistaken I recall a company in FL that used to offer SIC flights on BE 1900s to the Caribbean a few years ago. I really am not looking for monetary compensation, but am in dire need of a few commercial, multi-engine, multi-crew hours to keep an application with a foreign carrier alive. Unfortunately safety pilot time does not count. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

I suggest you find the name of this company and go, it will suit you just fine!!!

Thanks Goffer. But unfortunately that institution wouldn't have worked. I appreciate the response though. At the time it was merely a question of currency for me as I had gotten furloughed well over a year ago and the application I had in place depended on recency of experience in a commercial, multi-engine and multi-crew aircraft. It is nearly utopian to any such company nowadays. Have a great day.

Ghostrider

Latest resources

Back