Multi Engine Ultralights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAPTAINAMERICA

I am interested in buying a multi engine ultralight.

Can anyone supply me a list of the companies that make them and the pros and cons accordingly.

There is no such thing as a "multi-engine ultralight" or "multi-engine light sport aircraft". However, for what you want, I'd consider looking the Air Cam, which is again owned by Phil Lockwood. Very interesting history. With 912's on it, it can run you anywhere from $70K-100K+. Yes, I really saw one on barnstormers.com for about $70K with 912's on it. There are lots of articles out there about the Air Cam.

There is no such thing as a "multi-engine ultralight" or "multi-engine light sport aircraft". However, for what you want, I'd consider looking the Air Cam, which is again owned by Phil Lockwood. Very interesting history. With 912's on it, it can run you anywhere from $70K-100K+. Yes, I really saw one on barnstormers.com for about $70K with 912's on it. There are lots of articles out there about the Air Cam.

Yes there is, do a search on "Lazair" :pimp:

http://www.ultralightnews.com/lazair/images/lazair_ciawv.jpg

Hmmm....
You got me! I thought (incorrectly) there was a "single engine only" restriction to be an "ultralight". Even so, who would have thunk you could make a twin engine aircraft that weighs less than 155 lbs??!!
Well done!

Nah, well-done would refer to the guys that have the gonads to strap one of those things on and fly. ;) Just kidding, I actually saw a Lazair at a fly-in this summer and it looked like a total kick. Don't know if I would try a V1 cut in it though. :D

Even so, who would have thunk you could make a twin engine aircraft that weighs less than 155 lbs??!!
Well done!
It's 254lbs, but still pretty impressive.

You would enjoy an AirCam - they are a blast to fly. Docile, too, for a taildragger.
And it's a "true" multi-engine aircraft. Great climb performance on 1 engine. No worries with blasting around low level, and wondering what you'll do if you cough a motor.

Latest resources

Back