MTOW Cessna Mustang?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CL300Pilot

Does anyone know what the MTOW is for the new Mustang? A gentlemen that I do contract work for is interested in one and I am doing some research. The Mustang site on Cessna does not state the MTOW, just how much fuel you can carry at MTOW. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know what the MTOW is for the new Mustang? A gentlemen that I do contract work for is interested in one and I am doing some research. The Mustang site on Cessna does not state the MTOW, just how much fuel you can carry at MTOW. Thanks for the help.

According to the wikipedia, MTOW is 8395lb. Take it for what it's worth, strange how Cessna doesn't say!

Thank you ackattacker. That was my thoughts as well. Their brochure is full of missing information like zero fuel weight, how much fuel it can carry etc. Makes it tough to tell a potential owner whether it is a good deal or not. Oh the things that make you say "HMMMM".

According to the wikipedia, MTOW is 8395lb. Take it for what it's worth, strange how Cessna doesn't say!

Last edited:
MTOW 8,645
Max Landing Wt. 8,000
BOW ~5,550
Max Fuel Load 2,580
Full Fuel Payload ~600

All in all an interesting airplane!

TF

PS-This data came from the latest issue of Pro Pilot (May 2007)

Took delivery of # 008 Mustang last week and have just completed 25 hours of mentoring program. Excellent airplane. Is exceeding bookTAS at all altitudes.
Over COS at 390 and ISA we trued 347. FF of 270 lbs/side.

My useful is 857 lbs with zero crew.

Let me know if you need any more info.

David, who did your mentoring flying with you; was it a contract person, cessna, or F/S?

Was it required for your type (Kind of like IOE we have with the airlines), or insurance?

Are you a owner/pilot, or a Pro pilot flying for someone.

Did you have G1000 time before , or was this your first time with these avionics?

Thanks

I happened to be the first FS customer to recieve a type in the sim in April. Took delivery on 5/9. Did the mentoring program through FS although it was not required by insurance carrier. It should be required for all unless you have extensive experience with the G1000 system. We flew for one week and 25 hours. Excellent program. Mentor was Jim Harrod. The airplace is remarkably simple to fly, but getting used to all the features of the G1000 takes some time.

I am an owner pilot and lucky enough to be the 2nd owner-pilot to operate the Mustang in the US.

That is very interesting Dave; Congrats on ownership in one of the new VLJ's, I bet your having fun.

I left you a PM

Latest resources

Back