Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MTN/Baltimore Area Flight Training Recommendations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MSNFlier

One of my co-workers wants to get an introductory flight for her husband's fortieth birthday. She knows I have my private so she asked whether I could give her some thoughts on options near their home in Baltimore. Unfortunately, I haven't flown since I moved to the DC/NoVa area in 2007 so I thought I'd inquire here and seek some recommendations.

I believe they live on or near the Federal Hill area so I'm guessing that MTN is probably the most convenient Class D airport, with BWI being the large airport option. My sense is that for an intro flight and/or private training would be a bit less daunting for him at MTN than BWI.

That said, might anyone have any thoughts on who to recommend at MTN? From what I can glean from AOPA's web site, the flight training options are Brett Aviation, Martin State Airport, and Phoenix Aviation? Are there others? Perhaps a flying club where he might be able to join at a reasonable cost to continue his training, if he chooses, and then flying with a club instructor?

Thanks very much in advance for any replies.

Last edited:
Bump....

No one has any informed thoughts on my initial post? Perhaps you might know someone from the BWI area who you might be able to tip that another FT'er is seeking info on MTN flight schools?

Thanks again!

Latest resources

Back