• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MSP wx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah late winter/early spring will be some of the worst flying conditions there will be in that area. When its -20F, its often just too cold for clouds, icing, precip, etc.

But when its 20-35F, there is enough moisture for low ceilings, fog, lots of icing, etc. I flew into there in 2000-march 2001 every morning for freight. Sometimes I got really iced up, and ILS approaches were almost an everyday occurance, and always right in the middle of the early morning rush. Heck everything else i have done since has been a cakewalk

I was lucky yesterday.

I had been visiting my grandparents and had planned to leave on a flight at 5:20p to the west coast (which later I found out had been cancelled). After watching the WX channel I decided to leave at 10:25a (later found out this flight was over an hour late!) with a connection in DEN. About midnight on Wednesday night I noticed that DEN might have problems and decided to go through ORD instead at 8:00a.

Made it to SFO at 12:30, 10 min. early! First class all the way, which was good for me, but bad for business I guess! Kind of reminds me of the late eighties and early nineties in regard to the low loads.

One lucky pup who would like to say thanks to Sharon Resultan and the gang!!! Guess they closed MSP sometime in the late afternoon/early evening.

Cheers!

GP

Purple is a fruit!

Yeah it wasn't the best night to be out flying. A 402 Declared an emergency around Eau Claire because of icing, and a Caravan went down around 2-3 am just over the Wisconsin Border after it took off from MSP.

Did that caravan belong to superior aviation? They used to fly a caravan in there for freight.

Latest resources

Back