Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
I'm headed down there the beginning of November and staying for 7 days. I'm just performing some initial research on the area so any info is appreciated. I think we may be staying at the Four Seasons resort down there.
Any "must knows" as far as flying to central america? Any tips from those who have been there? (Our route is going to be KFLL-MRLB)

What is Liberia like?
How about the surrounding area?
What shouldn't I miss while down there?
How safe is the area? (Tourist friendly or not?)
What should I be on the look-out for?
What should I be sure to avoid while there?
What should I be sure to take?
How's the water?

And anything else you might think of.

Thanks!

FI

at the four seasons you will have few problems. very nice resort. that is where our pax were. cell phones no worky very well. water ok. food good. very friendly place. flying no problemo. we rented a car--glad we did. enjoy.

Rent a car and head South into Tamarindo. Cool little hippie town with lots of eye candy. Good little food joint with a sign out front that says Nachos as big as your A#s. I would also recommend doing a canopy tour, lots of different places to chose from.

Take cash to pay the departure tax. I think it took a couple hundred USD's.

We stayed at the Occotal Beach Resort. Sleep in your rental car instead.TC

Mrlb

I was there a few months ago and it was a great place. Try to get Randel (sp?) as your handler and you will be just fine. The advice on Four Seasons is good. There is a great resturant down the streed 6-7 blocks from the Days Inn and it's on the second floor. (sorry, can't remember the name of it) Should you decide to take the recommendation and get lucky enough to find this mysterious resturant, I would highly recommend the Large Red Snapper. Also, if you are up for a real adventure and don't mind driving around the whole country, try to get over to Quepos (pronounced kay-po s) and get a 4-wheeler tour of the jungle/rainforest. You will never forget it. Finally, head over to San Jose and ask how to get to the Blue Marlin bar or Hotel Del Ray. Enjoy.

Oh, P.S. There is some decent golf in CR if you are interested and willing to look for it. Good luck

Four Seasons is nice. Flying is easy. Driving...let's just say that I think people would rather get in a head-on collision than hit a pot hole. You'll see what I mean when you start driving around.
In Tamarindo, Witch's Rock Surf Camp rents surfboards for $15 a day, has cold beer, and really good shrimp quesadillas....

Costa Rica

Head to Tarmarindo. Cool place to chill out, surf, eat Lobster Tacos... yes I said Lobster Tacos. Taste great. Enjoy your trip.

Latest resources

Back