Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lou3

Minimums...Minimums!
Anyone who has flown into the Mountain Air Fly In community on top of the mountain near Burnsville, NC, I would be interested in hearing of your experiences there. I am considering doing that for a nice weekend next month but wanted to hear from some folks as to their perspective on it. Thanks.

It's a cool airport and place, but you have to be invited. Have to call them and get a permission ahead of time. I didn't really do much there, flew in with a friend that was looking at houses there. You should like it though.

I went around the 1st time landing there. It sits on the top of a mtn, Asheville is pretty close if you can't get in due to weather.

Thanks! I got the invite letter and information packet from Mountain Air today. It is something I have been thinking about doing for a while. It should be fun.

I checked on it once. They want $199 per night with a two night min. It does include a free breakfast though, LOL.

It's a great airport to fly into with some of the best views in the area, just be carefull if the winds are gusting or have any sig. crosswind factor the day you fly up there (has one of the highest accident rates). If you have time enjoy some golf or eat at the resturant by the end of the runway both are great.

Latest resources

Back