Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blingair

I'm your boy Carl
To any Mountain Air Cargo pilots: Do you folks have to sign initial, recurrent or upgrade contracts and if so what are the conditions, ie length, cost and enforcement?
Also, how would you feel about participating in a shared feeder pilot group/website with Empire pilots?

blingair said:
To any Mountain Air Cargo pilots: Do you folks have to sign initial, recurrent or upgrade contracts and if so what are the conditions, ie length, cost and enforcement?
Also, how would you feel about participating in a shared feeder pilot group/website with Empire pilots?

Initial, 1 year. Different seat (upgrade) 1 year more.
I forget the price, but 12 months passes quickly.

I'd gladly share a site.

CE

blingair said:

Don't know if it's changed, but it used to be 2 years/$18,000 for a F27 street Captain, or 1 year/$14,000 for an F/O. Of course the Fokkers are all but gone, so it might be different for the ATRs.

As for the upgrade, hadn't heard of anyone having to sign anything but they requested that you stay for at least a year afterwards. Sort of a "gentleman's agreement."

At EA you sign for pretty much everything. IMO the contracts are for more than what the training itself costs. I have a friend who left and made payment arrangements with the company. He was three days late with one monthly payment and they sent it to a very nasty collection agency which has been a nightmare for him and his wife.

Last edited:
the pick of T.K. is too cool. one of "as such " would be a topper.

blingair said:

For the Caravan, it is a 1 year contract of $12,000 prorated after 6 months.

fr8r said:
For the Caravan, it is a 1 year contract of $12,000 prorated after 6 months.
$12,000 for a caravan? It can't really cost that much to train someone in a 208, can it?

With a level "D" simulator and 135 ride it might be.

CE

landlover said:
$12,000 for a caravan? It can't really cost that much to train someone in a 208, can it?

They also pay you $32k first year, $34.5 second & so on. During training, you stay in a decent hotel and are fed the whole time. I challenge anyone to find a commuter airline that can boast about $32k first year pay. It is also caravan pay mind you. "Other" Caravan operators only pay like $22k and the pilots have to load their on airplanes! I don't see MAC as a career airline as I once did, but they are a good company to work for.

Latest resources

Back