pay during training?

first year pay?

thanks in advance

competetive times?

I got hired on in 2002 with 1100/100

training agreement??

1 year, $14000 pro-rated

junior base?

No such thing, really. But if you get LCK, just go and put a bullet in your head and get it over with.

a/c they are currently hiring for?

I quit there 10 months ago, but if they're hiring (and I'm sure they are), it'll either be for the ATR or the Caravan (higher mins, btw)

upgrade time?

Depends. Typical progression from FO in the Fokker was 2-3 years, then on to the Caravan for a (minimum) of a year, and then, maybe on to the left seat. This can vary- I know a few guys who went directly from right seat to left seat in the F-27, but they were there for 4-5 years or so. With the majors picking up more these days, the upgrade times might have gone down. If you can get in directly into the Caravan, you're much better off.

pay during training?

If I remember correctly, you got $250 a week for training, as tax-free per-diem. They also put me up in a pretty nice hotel- the old bait and switch (some of the other hotels were just crappy)

first year pay?

$25k as an FO, mid -30's for the Caravan, with a $1500 a year increase.

thanks in advance

You're welcome in advance

Not a good place to work for. I flew there for almost 2 years they treat you very bad (NC people) most are pilots with DUI that can't make to any other place and will treat FO's like ...t.
Maintenance will depend where you be based you can get a good old mechanic or a bad no experience one.
Be prepared (if you get ATR) to fly avery holliday and stay away from home too and be cheated on pay as they say you get 1,5 pay on holydays that's not true you 'll only get 50% above your garanteed so that's not time and a half on my understand.
Also upgrades are acording to you be nice. if they like you you'll get it if not they will keep you forever on same equip.
after 9/11 they hired street captains to not upgrade any foreing born FO even if they were citizens.
There are worst places but there are a lot better places than MAC. I would stay away.

Been there done that (along with many others). Listen to the advice of those that have posted. MAC is a company you don't want to get sucked into. Unless you can get one of Caravan Florida routes (if they are still around) just say no. Suck it up. Look for another job. This company really does treat their people horribly. Especially if you're an FO.

You will be sorry.

Good luck!

I interviewed with them back in January. I met with their Director of Operations, he had the personality of a shoe and did not strike me as a very nice guy. That was my opinion anyway...

I would only recommend MAC if you need time (multi-engine TP or something like that). Once you get the times...scram and beat it 'cause you'll be stuck with no possibility of advancement. Management does not care one hoot about the pilots. We haven't had a pay raise in a while. Pilots paid salary so you get paid the same if you do a short run or a long one. Overtime pay is a joke. I'm ready to jump ship at the first chance 'cause I can't take it anymore. Management only serves the customer's interests (Fed Ex) and not the pilots'. Pilots getting screwed sometimes by constantly changing the schedules. Hope this will help you make an intelligent decision!

Cheers and Happy Landings

Latest resources

Back