• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

motorcycle cc question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if it's fast or not...I never really go past 55, and it's in the hangar for work right now, anyway.

I love the smell of rice in the morning

I like rice too.

All I've ever owned are rice burners. I prefer their sound and look over Harley's.

I used have a Honda 175 street legal bike that was great to tool around town in, but it lacked the stamina for highway, potholes, and heavy traffic.

I also rode a Goldwing 1000cc, with full faring, stereo and storage, which was nice. It also had enough stability to take punishing road conditions, good to tour in, and was large enough for other drivers to see it. I feel the worst hazards are other drivers forgetting that you are there, or not seeing you at all. Conversely, some like Harley's because other drivers can usually hear them before they're seen.

One thing about the 1000, is you definitely have the power to get out of a sticky situation when it presents itself, like merging into high speed freeway traffic from a short on-ramp, which is the best argument to get higher cc ratio bike, when the rubber meets the road, your life may depend on it.

One of my bikes is a '89 Yamaha FZR 1000 that now displaces over 1200cc's breathing through four 42mm Keihin flatslides and a oversized five valve ported head. Good news is it makes 174hp at the rear wheel and will pull the front wheel off the ground at speeds well over 100 mph, bad news is it only gets 15-20 mpg.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back