Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most cost effective way of calling home from Europe?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mamba20

Do what now?
What are some of the ways you guys do it? My current cell company dosent offer international service and its expensive to get out of my contract. Just call from the hotel? Calling cards? etc, etc, etc.

If you'll have access to high-speed internet, Skype and a Bluetooth headset make a great combination for me on the road.

I usually have been using Skype from all over the world, but I recently also just got a Bizon phone card online (you don't need the physical "card" in your hands) because the internet occasionally sucks in the places I go to. The rates to other places in the world from the U.S. are incredibly cheap, like 3 cents a minute to Russia for instance. I just got the card a few days ago and haven't had a chance to try it calling back to the U.S. from overseas, but I am leaving for Europe and Asia in a few days and I am going to try it out then.

You can find the card at http://www.bizon.us/ The site also has links to a ton of other cheap (I assume) cards which may be helpful for you.

--m

Latest resources

Back