Mork=Familyguy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hydrarkt said:
That's what I've been saying all along. NJA is being hoodwinked by these "labor consultants." A quick read of Marty Leavitt's "Confessions of a Union Buster" will give everyone a good insight about what's going on. In the book, Marty brags about not giving a crap about the outcome of their work. The only thing they cared about was their paycheck. The best way to keep getting paid was to elongate the process. NJA is falling for it hook, line and sinker. These guys are so old school, it's pathetic. Gladly, the MEC is NOT old school.

Good book, I bet the UB's hated when that was published. He (Levitt) used to sit around all day and get snockerd..made something like $750/day..$15K/month for basically spreading misinformation...

Last edited:
FamilyGuy said:
Fortunately most of us here in the flight center recognize what you're doing and dont buy it....

Fortunately, most of us here on the Union side recognize what your doing and don't buy it..

FamilyGuy said:
Sounds like some people are being overly dramatic in their attempt to portray these negotiations as some great struggle against a big, bad company.

Sounds like some people are being overly dramatic in their attempt to portray these negotiations as some great struggle against a big, bad union...

FamilyGuy said:
Between what I've seen posted by the pilots on this board and what the company posted on the intranet,

If you believe anything the company posts on that board, in relation to negotiations, you ARE blind.

What family guy doesn't mention is to get that "big" pay raise you have to work 6 and 4. That's worse than the 17 day schedule and then you loose on overtime and extended days. Got an answer for that? ALso the company wants to take away bypass pay. Sure they have some intermediate point that gives a token raise but it's not compensatory for what has been lost due to the company imposed seat lock(in which the company saves on training costs and productivity increases due to pilot availability)which prevents some pilots from upgrading in some aircraft.

I will never work 6 and 4.

FLYnMONKEYS said:
I will never work 6 and 4.

good because not everyone has to work the 6/4. It is bid by seniority.

Oh wait!! Are you telling us you don't think you have enough seniority to bid the other schedule??

Either you havent been with the company very long OR you are just trying to start arguments.

I just wanted to reply with something to think about. This is NOT an attacked on NJA or it's pilots, just a comment, and something which I find humoring.

We collectively as pilots (FRACs, Corp, P135, P121 et al) bitch, whine and complain tooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

We're all overworked, underpaid poor souls who get trampled on every single day aren't we?

Not being a NJA pilot myself, I certainly cannot understand the full complexity of the company, payscales, benefits and work enviroment. However I can say that we should at a minimum be glad we have jobs that at least pay descent money.

While we may not always be home, and some of us earn less than industry standard pay, we should be thankful we at least have a job.

Just remember there are those out there who work harder, more physically taxing jobs, while earning less pay than us.

If you feel you're on the road to much, thats ok. But if you really don't like how you're being treated, feel you're gone from home too much, don't get paid enough or your benefits suck, than by all means look for another job, one that will satisfy your needs.

I can understand NJA pilot's point of view to a certain degree. We should all have an appropriate lifestyle et al, but don't forget we got into this career to travel, while making money, and flying nice equipment (AKA cool new jets) was what we all dreamed of while learning how to fly.

Again, this IS NOT a NJA of FRAC bashing. Just trying to say we should at least be more thankful for what we do have, try to keep a positive attitude on the now, and what lies ahead for us in the future. Bitching and complaining gets us no where, so lets be positive about what our goals our, and how we can achieve them, even if it means a compromise.

For the NJA and FRAC guys, I hope thinks get worked out for the benefit of your respective companies, pilot unions and for the individual pilots. Lets have fun out there and keep it safe.

FAcFriend said:
good because not everyone has to work the 6/4. It is bid by seniority.

Oh wait!! Are you telling us you don't think you have enough seniority to bid the other schedule??

Either you havent been with the company very long OR you are just trying to start arguments.

Right your are, I haven't been at the company that long. Regardless of how long I have been here I have an opinion. I will not work a 6 and 4. Even guys who have been here for 7 years and transition to the DA2000 may go to that if we were stupid enough to vote on it. Unless you've been on the road and have a family you may not appreciate how important time home is, 6 and 4 is not enough for me.

Can you answer anything else I stated intelligently?

Who's trying to start an argument?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back