More Pinnacle Class Dates!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jc3

My buddy just got off the phone with pinnacle and they offered him JUL 10, AUG 7, AUG 28, and 2 other dates in SEPT.

Does anyone know when your senority number starts. Is it your class date, Hire Date, or when you finish training?

It seems like Pinnacle is running classes at maximum capacity. They'd like to run even more but don't currently have the resources... the main limiting factor being simulator time. All 3 sims are packed around the clock - they had a lot of trouble with the classes in March due to sim cancellations and stuff, some students had to stick around almost an extra month to finish up, but that seems to be cleared up for the most part now.

They've been trying to run a class every 3-4 weeks since February. As far as senority goes, you get put on the senority list around the 2nd week of training. Senority in the class is based on age, with the youngest being most junior. From your initial place on the seniority list, people are moving up roughly 30-40 slots by the time they take their checkride. Definitely something to consider when trying to decide which class date to pick...

flyf15 said:
They've been trying to run a class every 3-4 weeks since February. As far as senority goes, you get put on the senority list around the 2nd week of training. Senority in the class is based on age, with the youngest being most junior. From your initial place on the seniority list, people are moving up roughly 30-40 slots by the time they take their checkride. Definitely something to consider when trying to decide which class date to pick...

I second what FlyF15 said. You get your employee # on Day 1, but the way I understand it is: your actual seniority is based on when you get your hire date (which is the day you pass your checkride). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your seniority number is day 1. Your "date of hire" [for jump seat privileges] is your check ride date. It's good being old ... You are forever ahead of the kids. get into the earliest class you can.

I appreciate it, I was in the AUG 7, but I called and they're going to let me into the JUL 10 if I can make, which it looks like I will. I've heard the sims are very backed up as well.

Last edited:
jc3 said:
I've heard the sims are very backed up as well.

took my partner and I almost a month to get done with our sim training in April/May.

I like the fact that there are more classes going on...

jc3 said:
I appreciate it, I was in the AUG 7, but I called and there going to let me into the JUL 10 if I can make, which it looks like I will. I've heard the sims are very backed up as well.

That was a good decision. Sims are running at almost 100% right now.. any problems (such as a sim going down for a day or two) will probably cause a backup, but most things right now are going as scheduled.

But the big thing you CAN control is seniority and you will be in front of those in later classes forever. Even if they upgrade first you'll move back ahead when you get to it.

Latest resources

Back