• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More on MESA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was painful doing research without my morning cup of coffee (or my afternoon one for that matter)! XPOO, you are indeed correct - Skywest does have more cash on hand than Mesa. It was like 525 million to 300 million.

** WARNING DO NOT TAKE THE FOLLOWING REMARK AS SUPPORT FOR MESA AIRLINES **

300 million is not a bad amount and I'm still guessing they would place in the top 3 regionals for cash on hand.

WARNING OVER.

The fact that Mesa has that much cash on hand is just further proof how bad that place is..why you ask? Because that money was made on the backs of their employee group, they compromise safety, cut corners and lie to their employees and codeshare partners to make that money. That money could go into improving QOL, fixing the mess that they call operations, Mx, and the list goes on and on. Instead the money is stashed away like JO's personal nest egg to be used in his missions of conquest (aka Go!). I was so happy when I got out of there it ranks very close to how I felt when my son was born!

Anyways, that article is trying to say that Mesa is refusing to uphold their contractual agreements stateside in order to use that money to put other airlines out of business. I'm sure the investors were happy with that .01% profit margin JO posted last quarter. They may have 300 million now, but they are seriously close to losing it all very quickly.

It was painful doing research without my morning cup of coffee (or my afternoon one for that matter)! XPOO, you are indeed correct - Skywest does have more cash on hand than Mesa. It was like 525 million to 300 million.

** WARNING DO NOT TAKE THE FOLLOWING REMARK AS SUPPORT FOR MESA AIRLINES **

300 million is not a bad amount and I'm still guessing they would place in the top 3 regionals for cash on hand.

WARNING OVER.

The fact that Mesa has that much cash on hand is just further proof how bad that place is..why you ask? Because that money was made on the backs of their employee group, they compromise safety, cut corners and lie to their employees and codeshare partners to make that money. That money could go into improving QOL, fixing the mess that they call operations, Mx, and the list goes on and on. Instead the money is stashed away like JO's personal nest egg to be used in his missions of conquest (aka Go!). I was so happy when I got out of there it ranks very close to how I felt when my son was born!

Is that 300M cash, or does it include assets (ie all those immensely valuable 50-seaters?). Big difference..

I believe they classify it as 'Cash and Marketable Securites.' As to exactly what is considered a 'Marketable Security' only management knows.

So what does one have to do, outside of the norm, to be terminated from Mesa? Just curious!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back