• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More on gas prices...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These are the Saudi Arabia and OPEC production numbers for past months.
Oct 04: SA = 9.508 mbpd, Opec = 30,228mbpd
Nov 04: SA = 9.450 mbpd, Opec = 29,067 mbpd
Nov 05: SA = 9.458 mbpd, Opec = 29,965 mbpd
Feb 06: SA = 9.394 mbpd, Opec = 29,713 mbpd

Supply is having trouble. Opec says they are pumping as fast as they can and they keep going down. Saudi says they're pumping full tilt too.

The world very well may be past peak oil already.

Jet

jetflyer said:
I don't like the oil companies but they're having to do the dirty work for the U.S. right now so we have to support them.

you actually have it backwards, your hard earned tax paying dollars are doing the dirty work for them. and our troops are as well.

from forcing their agendas for decades in Indonesia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, etc. to supporting them through the world bank, us aid, exim bank, tax breaks, and countless other examples. "we" are doing the dirty work while they profit, and while they keep raising the prices and investors either panic because they sheepishly believe the sky is falling, or they are just profiteering off the profiteering of others.

Remember the guilded age? Or the Robber barons? I doubt you even know what that was

big_al said:
increased consumption along with increased supply. why must you label something a conspiracy theory as your only attack?

(still waiting on that data of lower production)

You are the one that attributes increases in conspiracies.

If supply goes up a little, and demand goes up more, then in reality real supply has not gone up, its gone down.

Ever been overseas? Just takes a small # of people from overcrowded developing countries like India and China to make a large dent in oil consumption

Matthew Simmons has been on Fox News, CNBC, CNN etc. trying to warn us to move on to alternatives and ditch oil.

We need to ditch the goo now!

Matthew Simmons analyzed over 200 Society of Petroleum Engineer Papers on Saudi Production and has the results of his findings in his new book. Saudi is having trouble and very well may be past peak already.

Jet

there is no more point in arguing. people complain that the chicken littles have been saying the sky is falling for decades, and suddenly the chicken littles are correct? make up your minds. either the sky is falling or "it is possible" that it could fall "sometime" within the next 10+ years?

big_al said:
you actually have it backwards, your hard earned tax paying dollars are doing the dirty work for them. and our troops are as well.

from forcing their agendas for decades in Indonesia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, etc. to supporting them through the world bank, us aid, exim bank, tax breaks, and countless other examples. "we" are doing the dirty work while they profit, and while they keep raising the prices and investors either panic because they sheepishly believe the sky is falling, or they are just profiteering off the profiteering of others.

Remember the guilded age? Or the Robber barons? I doubt you even know what that was
Ok I agree with most that you're saying. Oil is heavily subsidized by the U.S. govt. and the military. No doubts there. Oil is damn important though. Soon we'll see how important it is to a world economy. This is why we have to move away from oil and on to alternatives.

We NEED to give more tax breaks to Alternative energy companies for alternatives and automakers to make Hybrid-PLUG-IN vehicles and more diesel engined vehicles. We also should give some of those tax breaks from Exxon to those companies.

Jet

Last edited:
Bush will be looking like Jimmy Carter with his red sweater on having a chat with America very soon about oil supply problems.

He'll be pushing us to ethanol, hybrid plug-ins, coal to oil, tar sands, domestic oil production, bio-diesel, etc.

He's already taken the first step and admitted "We're Addicted"

Prediction: The song "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar? will make a big comeback and be popular again in the next couple years.

Jet

Last edited:
Because its just basic logic, that oil is a finite resource, and that fields that currently produce will have to decline at some point. Majority of substantion possibly production in continental US onshore has been found and is producting. Lots of fields in the US have stopped, slowed, or are just a trickle anyways.

Big_Al,

You also think I'm a big Bush fan. I'm not. I'm afraid his major solutions for oil are military action and Alaska.

I BLAME BOTH PARTIES.

Bush talks up alternatives but doesn't fund them. He needs to fund them and now. People are going to vote Democrat in the next election because he's not doing enough. He's known about peak oil since he entered office in 2000. He wanted the Energy bill right away but all he every really proposes is Ethanol and Alaska.

Ethanol may be a waste of our time in corn. It is being debated. Cellulosic ethanol is useful from corn, but the plants to make ethanol this way haven't been built yet.

We need to fund useful alternatives now and make a difference. The U.S. military is even pushing Coal to Oil because they are concerned about Peak Oil. I could dig up an article if you want me to. Bush is not pushing this. I don't know why??

Jet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back