• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

(More NJ Qs) Commuting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You drive to the airport that you are domiciled out of. They will then fly you on a airline to where they need you. Fractionals require you to live within so much time of your domicile. I have heard remarks that people will drive to there domicile on there duty day, and live hours away.

greygoose said:
Fractionals require you to live within so much time of your domicile.
NJA does not require you to live near your domicile. On your last day off (NLT 1900L) they will tell you what time to show up at your domicile. How far away you choose to live from that domicile and how you get there is up to you. Once you arrive at your domicile the company is responsible for all transportation until they return you to that domicile on your last day off.

Majik's absolutely correct for NJA. The company only cares that you are in place at your assigned domicile at your scheduled start time. You can live 2 minutes', 2 hours' or 2 days' drive from your domicile - the company only cares that you are in place to begin work at the time they assign.

Jumpseating on a 121 carrier is a risky proposition. There really are few carriers (Commutair, Great Lakes and maybe a few other small regionals) that will likely take an NJA pilot on the jumpseat (actually, in the back, but you know how that goes.) Attempting to jumpseat on most carriers is not very likely to be successful.

OCP said:
That is what I was looking for. No agreement with anyone? :(

Greetings..I work for ASA and we have had NJ guys ride "jumpseat" space available in the cabin. We will take as many jumpseaters as we have open seats in the back.

Take care

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back