(More NJ Qs) Commuting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guitar Guy said:
Majik's absolutely correct for NJA. The company only cares that you are in place at your assigned domicile at your scheduled start time. You can live 2 minutes', 2 hours' or 2 days' drive from your domicile - the company only cares that you are in place to begin work at the time they assign.

Greetings..Besides this I have another question for the NJ guys. I saw on APC that your schedule is 7 on and 7 off. During your 7 on are you on reserve, or on call or do you have a schedule or how does it work? Thanks and take care.

hmmurdock said:
Greetings..Besides this I have another question for the NJ guys. I saw on APC that your schedule is 7 on and 7 off. During your 7 on are you on reserve, or on call or do you have a schedule or how does it work? Thanks and take care.

Usually you're being called out to work on that first day. A few of the older fleets (the VII and H-1000) may not have quite the same experience but for the other, larger fleets, you're likely going out on the road on Day One unless you're going for training later in that tour.

As for a schedule, about all you know is the days that you are working. Our "schedule" varies literally from day to day and even hour to hour. It's not uncommon for Scheduling to have a plan for your next day that changes while you're in rest. As others have said, the constant change is fun for a lot of people but some others can't stand uncertainty or fluid situations.

If you've got other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back