• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More money than brains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Growing up in NYC I befriended a lot of Jewish kids as I lived in a quasi-Jewish neighborhood.

What always struck me funny (and even to this day), was that when asked what their background was, most would unequivocally state "Jewish."

Tool, I bet you agree with him. See definition number 2. If you are ignorant, don't post.

From Webster:

Main Entry: rac·ism Pronunciation: \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\ Function: noun Date: 1933 1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

"Jew" is not a race, moron.

Have you ever seen it listed as a check box under "race?"

....there's a reason for that.

"Jew" is not a race, moron.

Have you ever seen it listed as a check box under "race?"

....there's a reason for that.
Yes, he is not smart, and then what is even worse is that when I point it out to him, he posts a definition of the word that proves he is wrong, followed by him claiming to be right, and calling me stupid!

Now that is better.

Officer Slater: Was he African?
Mindy: Was he African? No, he was American. And he was like you. He looked just like you.
Officer Michaels: He was Jewish! An odd crime for a Jew to commit. Ok, so we have an African Jew wearing a hoodie...
Mindy: No. You don't. No, that's not what I said. Is that what you heard me say? I said he looked like you. Do you look like an African Jew?
Officer Michaels: No, I look like a cop.

ROFLMAO! One of the really funny moments in that film.

Oh, and not that you Klu Kluxers will get it anyway, but most Jews do consider "Jewish" a race. And so did the Germans in 1939. Only the people who create government forms think we're white folks. :D

Actually, now that I think about it, the Jews can only be two races ... but it makes my head hurt to think about it. I need a porkchop sammich. :(

"... wide nose have'n, breathe'n up all the white man's air!"

Well I am Jewish. I would not consider that my race however. I am a Caucasian. My ethnicity is half polish, and half English.
So I am a caucassian Polish, English, Jew.

Well I am Jewish. I would not consider that my race however. I am a Caucasian. My ethnicity is half polish, and half English.
So I am a caucassian Polish, English, Jew.

Like every single one of my Jewish friends and aquaintenances, I consider myself half Jewish, half Caucasian. And my religion is Buddhism. In fact, I've never met a Jew who considered it other than their race, unless they were a convert. Even the no-longer-observant, backslide'n Jews. Ask 'em ... they'll say their Jewish. Not Caucasian. You're the first. You win a prize er sump'n, I think. :D

While we're on the subject ... if we're "God's chosen people" ... why do we have big noses and little dicks? :(

Well, this thread deteriorated quickly...even for FI.

Here's the deal. Just from reading the initial post, it seems to me that the thread starter doesn't understand how something can be safe and legal if the pilots don't follow airline training and procedures, have union rules and treat the passengers concerns as unimportant.

The fact is, you can operate an aircraft safely with procedures that are not airline approved with training from someone other than an airline pilot all while doing what the passenger wants/needs. There are a lot of diverse backgrounds in aviation. Just because those backgrounds do not include airline training does not mean that they are inherently unsafe.

Part 91 is a different world. You can't have your passenger kicked off the aircraft because he wants to use his cell phone. You can't tell him that you are cancelling the flight because it will go 5 minutes over your "work rules." In part 91, you have to find a way to do what the passenger needs WHILE making the flight safe. No, you can't put the passenger's needs above safety. However, when the passenger says he needs to get to point B, it is your job to find a safe means of making it happen.

To some, that may seem like a foreign concept, but it is a fact of life.

Latest resources

Back