More luggage questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sewertube

I have another question regarding EJA and luggage. I am wondering if I will continue to need to lug around my flight case I have used for years carrying piles of jepps and other books. What does EJA require you to carry?

Also, should I take it to my indoc to carry home books? Are they going to give us a lot of books to carry home and back and forth to the hotel? Thanks!

I know it sounds like a petty question, just wanted to know.

I would say bring it to indoc because you will be given a few binders while there....and the flight crew policy manual is a BIG ONE. As for the road, most guys just have a road bag....something similar to one of those bags you can put a laptop in and hase some extra compartments/sections.

As for what to carry, most guys have a "road book" with differnt papers/memos and the like in it. As a new guy, I am still building my road book and look to the cpts for advice on what to put in it. Right now i have copies of expense reports, duty summaries and other things that you use everday along with my flashlight.

Although i have seen some guys with flight cases, i think they were in the X or other bigger planes, since the ultra is a little tight, i would not take one in there.

just my 2 cents.

All you need to carry on trips are uniform items for your tour, personal hygiene items, and a set of civvies. Most people also carry a notebook containing miscellaneous company forms, SOP's, ops bulletins, etc. All other charts and books stay with the airplane.

You'll get at least two thick binders at indoc: The company general ops manual and a pilot resource manual. Also, there's several handouts you'll probably want to keep. Something like a Flight Safety bag or a Jepp case would be useful, especially when you carry the stuff home after training.

EJA is a great company that treats it's pilots very well.

Welcome aboard!

Latest resources

Back