More Info on that VistaJet/Jet Aviation Global 6000 Charter Operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I see these guys on the road quite a bit when I fly to Europe - big silver and red Global Expresses & CL605s. Very nice airplanes - but the European pilots are not that well paid according to what they have told me. They like the airplanes and the flying worldwide but not the pay... Not sure what Jet Aviation will pay pilots here in the States to fly the 12 Globals they have on order.

Here is an update I found on CNN today - basically another interview with the CEO:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/07/news/companies/vistajet-private-jet/index.html?source=cnn_bin

One interesting point: US marketing/sales will be handled by the founder of Wheels Up Kenny Dichter (he also started Marquis Card - he has a history of success and probably a lot of wealthy contacts). That could very well help this operation get off the ground successfully.

I guess if I were a Citation Air, FLOPS or Flexjet pilot concerned about the impending mergers, I might just throw my hat in the ring at VistaJet/Jet Aviation if you meet the minimums (unknown at the moment). Probably would expect some international experience for the big Global 6000.

Last edited:
Does the world really need 12 more Globals dedicated to charter based in the US? I know the "massive" order by NJ, but they usually only take a fraction (excuse the pun) of what the headline numbers report.

Hard to see that much demand....even three years out. We have an economy in the tank and will remain so for at least another few years. The private aviation doesn't do well unless we're in a bubble (i.e. dot.com in the 90's and 6-8 years ago real estate). Doubtful that the owners of the late Bamboo Harvester are going to use the a/c to fly TEB to PBI for a weekend.

Any idea how much charter time a G550 or Global does in the US?...couple hundred hours per plane per year would be a lot....and that's not due to owner use tying up the plane.

A likely outcome could be that they take their planes back to Geneva and the Middle East after a few months...probably wrong...they will fly the wings off them and give the NJ Globals a run for their money!:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back