Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MD80DRVR

This is a portion of a memo out from our management:

"It is because of these efforts and my confidence in our team to continue to produce a quality product that I continue to look for ways of growing our company. I am happy to announce that I have concluded an agreement with United Airlines to add ten additional aircraft to the codeshare beginning in June 2004. Counting these 10 aircraft, we will be adding a minimum 13 additional EMB145’s this year for a total of 20 flying as United Express. Again, these opportunities do not come along by accident, but because we have a good reputation in the marketplace. We must continue to push the envelope of operational excellence on every flight – every day.

As far as other desired growth this year, we still have a plan to add as many as five (5) additional EMB145 aircraft to our American operation for 2004. We continue to watch the performance of the additional five we added in November 2003, and want to make sure that the new and developing STL hub structure can adequately support this growth. If we believe the opportunity exists, we could begin to add additional aircraft in St Louis in the 2nd quarter. I will keep you updated on these plans as well.

We continue to watch the development at USAirways -- we added five aircraft to this operation in the last two months of 2003 (4-J41s and 1-EMB145). We will continue to look for ways to add to both additional jets and turboprop equipment to this important program.

Finally, and by no means the least important, we continue to have discussions with current and prospective partners regarding larger equipment. These discussions have been very encouraging, and I look forward to having something positive to report in this area. The competition is very difficult with many carriers vying for few opportunities. As always, the quality and the cost competitiveness of our product will be our calling card. The majors are looking for low cost quality alternatives to the challenges they face in this rapidly changing marketplace. We believe we can be that solution. I will keep you advised as things develop in this area."

Consider it squashed! LOL

Our performance is bad currently because you guys have no gate space and the ground service at ORD and IAD is some of the worst I've seen. Some days its good but then some days they look at you like they have no idea what your talking about when you ask them for the bag load sheet and then they go spend 30 minutes looking for one.

TSA Pilot

Hmmm... This sounds a lot like the E-gates in PIT.

I've never seen a look of astonishment quite so priceless as the one I was privileged to see a few days ago in PIT. The rampie just couldn't believe that I needed a GPU... Like I'd never asked for one before, he'd never supplied one before, and gosh darn it, he'd never even HEARD of a GPU before.

Strange, since this same individual has been working the ramp there for all of the two years I've been flying in and out of PIT. Naturally it took twenty minutes to scrounge up a GPU, since it was in plain sight about a hundred feet away.

I don't know but I HEARD that Chautauqua got these 170s since we wouldn't agree to a cheaper labor rate(read: race to the bottom). Thats fine with me. After hearing the reporter on NBC Friday night talk about the regional pilots making "a lot less than mainline pilots" this game is getting old.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back