More Great Press for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it a right?

It may be just a tee shirt. However there is no constitutional right to fly on SWA. If he doesn't like the way the company wants him to dress he can go fly on someone else.

I do not know why Americans seem to think it is their "right" to do whatever the hell they want, and that any company they do business with has to accept it. When a restaurant says no shirt no service, do people sue?

Maybe he should have been allowed to fly with the shirt on, but this is not news. If he doesn't like it, he has to deal with the consequences. I bet there are a lot of Americans that see this story and are glad someone is upholding standards of public decency.

Constitution? It's an airplane ride for God's sake! When you are wearing a shirt with the name "master baiter" on it you KNOW you're pushing the envelope.

Colleen needs to grow a pair.

Gup

The right to free speech ends where the public domain ends. In private businesses, homes, churches, internet message boards and such the owner has the right to limit speech or expression. The constitution only prohibits the government from limiting the freedom of speech in the public arena.

Quoted just because it needs to be said again...

we need to look at ourselves first. The stickers that pilots have on their flight bags are distasteful to say the least.

Constitution? It's an airplane ride for God's sake! When you are wearing a shirt with the name "master baiter" on it you KNOW you're pushing the envelope.

Gup

I know you guys love to bash on Colleen and all, and sometimes her decisions leave me scratching my head, but you might want to get your facts straight on this one. Based on all the evidence, it wasn't Colleen who was for giving any apology. Maybe y'all missed the speech she gave at a college where she said she wasn't going to apologize to the Hooters girl, because she believed the employee did the right thing and she wasn't going to question the employee's judgment?

Whatever caused SWA to ultimately issue the half-assed apology...I doubt it was based on her own personal preference.

Last edited:
I know you guys love to bash on Colleen and all, and sometimes her decisions leave me scratching my head, but you might want to get your facts straight on this one. Based on all the evidence, it wasn't Colleen who was for giving any apology. Maybe y'all missed the speech she gave at a college where she said she wasn't going to apologize to the Hooters girl, because she believed the employee did the right thing and she wasn't going to question the employee's judgment?

Whatever caused SWA to ultimately issue the half-assed apology...I doubt it was based on her own personal preference.

She cannot afford not to back anymore employees after selling out the flight attendants who rightfully booted the disrespectful, cursing, obnoxious (middle eastern) Pepperdine professor. And then wrote her a check for $27 million.

You must be new.

My guess...

I suspect anyone who stands up for this x and r-rated crap on an airplane doesn't have kids. WS

Gup

No. The old Vermont hippie should call it quits
Face it. Gary Kelly is the one calling the shots. She's
nothing more than a figurehead, a throughback to the days when SW was a 3 plane intra-Texas airline. She should quit while she's ahead.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Or, teach the FA's to check their sensativities at the door and let stoopid people be stoopid people. We just got a memo saying, "Leave the pax alone."
However, I would not like my kid to ask me about his shirt.

Latest resources

Back