More good news at CAL

maxblast72

Total Time
9000+
With legacy carriers so far (AMR, CAL, and UAL) reporting YOY systemwide RASM drops between 15-20% and Gary Kelly talking on CNBC this morning about seeing no improvement in revenue environment in the near term, you are probably correct.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
It appears they will be rightsizing for a merger.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Yep or a way to get those 70's back at mainline. It would be the perfect time to get that take care of. Management needs the pilots to agree, and the pilots could reasonable expect something like this in return for their corporation.

tie1on

Total Time
860 mil cost n fuel with this being hedged. without hedging fuel cost would b3 681 mil huh duh

BLUE BAYOU

Total Time
Yep or a way to get those 70's back at mainline. It would be the perfect time to get that take care of. Management needs the pilots to agree, and the pilots could reasonable expect something like this in return for their corporation.

Aren't the Q400s at Colgan 70+ seaters?

RP170

Total Time
Yes they are. I believe their scope allows over 70 seats if it's a "prop." 70 seats is 70 seats as far as I'm concerned. Oh well, just thank god I'm out of the airline mess.

IAHERJ

Total Time
hmmm?
Our loss was mostly due to our terrible fuel hedging. Most of the $140 ppb hedges expire so our 3 quarter results should paint a more accurate picture of the health of CAL. I wouldn't be surprised if we are getting ourselves ready for a merger with UAL. Very few of the 1,700 employees losing jobs will be pilots(we already have 147 on furlough). I'm hearing another 150 is going to be an accurate number. I'm hoping we offer something like DAL did to our senior guys who have a lump sum A plan. I think we could get around 250 guys to take this thus bringing back some furloughes and not needing to furlough any additional pilots. We shall see.....

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
Merger coming....no doubt. Too many things going on. Jeff S.....our new CEO kept saying over and over......."A merger with UAL is hypothetical". He said it over and over. Translation: "We're so going to merge and I'm so getting laid when I bring my bonus home to the wife".

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs

T-U-R-B-O-P-R-O-P! Not for scope... pfffff, no mainline guy wants to fly one of those darn thingies. Shiny jet more better~~! I'll grace it with my stick skillz. I got bow skills, and magic skills, numchuck skills and crossbow skills too.