MORE Furloughs at ACA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats 3!

Oh well, 3 jobs in 2 years. Time to start flipping burgers again...

I find out I'm getting furloughed (again) by reading Yahoo! news. Lovely.

F*ck it, I'm going to work at my wife's company. They treat their employees great.

Well, you know that adage that you're not a real airline pilot until you've been furloughed at least twice? Call me Clarence Oveur, cause I'm a real pilot now.

Well, guess that effectively ruins any chance at getting called back in the next 3 years. So long Blue Ridgers...best of luck in what will definitely be a rough ride.

Now...who's hiring?

I am very sorry to hear about the additional furloughs at ACA. I've been furloughed once and I know the feeling. What happened at Mesa? That portion of the pilot who voted for the TA sold out all other regional pilots who were just trying to keep their collective heads above the water. Not only are we fighting against the majors with the j4j blackmail, but now were are screwing each other. You guys are carp...bottom feeders who just put an addition 100 ACA professional pilots on the street. Thank you very much for making this industry that much harder survive in. Your my hero!

seriously ?

thats 3 days before my hire date....son of a ..(&*%&$^

I certainly think this is a ploy to drive a divisive wedge into the pilot corps. AirWis rates per departure are $2100 and ours are $3500 (if I recollect correctly from that infamous UAL document). Skeen, Moore, et al must have been wiping their a$$es with fifties.

Is ACA really that wasteful? We're not known for corporate indulgence or neglect. If AirWis can afford to pay their pilots comparable wages and benefits with a much lower fee for departure, two things are certain: 1) we should not give anything we're not willing to do w/o for possibly ever; and 2) where's all that extra cash going? Surely isn't English classes for the gate agents!!!

Tailwinds...

Are you sure Air Whisky wasn't the highest priced departure mentioned in the famous "confidential" report? For some reason I thought they were.

Prices for existing carriers ranged from $2960-3571.
The bottom feeders put their bids in the $2565-2732 range.

Last edited:
I could be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first time but I thought I heard that of the three carriers we were in the middle on fee per departure. I do know that nobody is lower than mesa, LITERALLY!!!

WD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back