• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

More Fedex rumors...

stonewall

Total Time
3K+
Okay, here are some that came from a guy that talked to the new hire class today.

• Buying 43 more widebodies
  • Hiring 400/yr through 2009
  • Man MD-11 crews at 11-1 (but I think that's what it is now)
  • Man A-380 crews at 19-1
  • DC-10 and 727 will be around til 2012 at least
  • Probably will be a new Pacific domicile somewhere (Guam? Seoul? just my conjecture)
  • Fred would close the LAX domicile tomorrow if he had his way. Not sure why he doesn't have his way in this case, though.
I got the name of the dude doing the talking, but there's no sense in naming him. He's credible.

Wojo

Total Time
I heard Jack Lewis would close the LA base tomorrow if he could but never Fred. You sure it was Fred and not JL?

stonewall

Total Time
3K+
Wojo said:
I heard Jack Lewis would close the LA base tomorrow if he could but never Fred. You sure it was Fred and not JL?

Nope, not sure at all. Guess that's what makes it a rumor! How do guys like LA anyway?

FedExFlyer

You smell something??
Total Time
10K+
MAGNUM!! said:
I got the name of the dude doing the talking, but there's no sense in naming him. He's credible.

That's one heck of a credible dude.........dude.

HoursHore

Medieval Warrior
Total Time
4000+
We have an LA Domicile? Why do most of my trips begin with a DH to LAX then?

I keed, I keed

Although I think the 835 NWA flt MEM/LAX has about 10 guys on it every time I am on it.

pilot141

Professional Cynic
Total Time
5,000+
Jeez, the rumor I heard was that the LAX domicile was going to close as soon as Wojo got awarded that bid status!:cool:

But seriously;

I've heard from several people that the "extra" widebody purchases are A-300s from mumbly mumblety and will take over more of the Boeing flying.

No idea if this is true, but it sounded good to me!