• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Opie-wan

For what it's worth...
PM me if you need the "letter of intent" template

1) EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, ALL AIR FORCE ACTIVE DUTY PERSONNEL IN THE GRADES OF LIEUTENANT COLONEL AND BELOW ARE NOW RELEASED FROM STOP LOSS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FOLLOWING AFSCS.

OFFICERS: 11S, 12S AND 31P.
ENLISTED: 1A1X0, 1A1X1, 1C0X0, 1C0X1, 1C0X2, 1C1X0, 1C1X1, 1N0X0, 1N0X1, 1T2X0, 1T2X1, 2F0X0, 2F0X1, AND 3P0XX.

1) ALL OFFICERS, REGARDLESS OF AFSC, WHO HAVE BEEN DEFERRED FROM PROMOTION AND WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY RELEASED WILL RETIRE/SEPARATE NLT THEIR MANDATORY ESTABLISHED DOS WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:

A) OFFICERS WHOSE MANDATORY DOS IS AFTER 30 NOV 02 WILL SEPARATE/RETIRE ON THEIR MANDATORY DOS. OFFICERS WITH A MANDATORY DOS WHICH HAS PASSED OR IS ON OR BEFORE 30 NOV 02 MAY ELECT TO EXTEND UP TO 31 DEC 02.

Separations Options:

1. Members with a separation date between 2 Oct 01 and 30 Jun 02 may elect to:

- Reinstate their original date, extend separation date to 31 Dec 02, or request to withdraw separation.

2. Members with a separation date between 1 Jul 02 thru 30 Nov 02 may elect to:
- Reinstate their original date, extend separation date to 31 Dec 02, or request to withdraw separation.

3. Members with a separation date of 1 Dec 02 or later will separate as scheduled or may request to withdraw their separation.

Retirement Options:

1. Members with a retirement date between 1 Nov 01 thru 1 Jul 02 may elect to:
- Reinstate their original date, extend retirement date to 1 Jan 02, or request to withdraw retirement.

2. Members with a retirement date between 1 Aug 02 thru 1 Dec 02 may elect to:
- Reinstate their original date, extend retirement date to 1 Jan 02, or request to withdraw retirement.

3. Members with a retirement date of 1 Jan 02 or later will retire as scheduled, elect to extend/withdraw IAW governing guidance.

NOTE: INDIVIDUALS IDENTIFIED FOR RELEASE FROM STOP LOSS, MAY NOT (REPEAT MAY NOT) DEPART ON PERMISSIVE TDY OR TERMINAL LEAVE BEFORE 1 JUL 02.

NOTE: PLEASE COMPLETE THE LETTER OF INTENT THAT IS ATTACHED ONLY IF YOUR SEPARATION DATE IS ON OR BEFORE 1 DEC O2 OR IF YOUR RETIREMENT DATE IS ON OR BEFORE 1 JAN 03.

Last edited:
Where did you get the 26 June suspense date? I could not find it on the actual message released today (Monday). I did find a suspense for the MPFs to get requests to depart on/after 1 Aug 02 to HQ by 15 Jul 02. Thanks.

Probably for Randolph guys only...

I think that's a Randolph-generated suspense so they can get their dates to HQ on time. Sorry for the confusion...

Stop-Loss

What are the rated AFSC's that cannot get out? I didn't recognize the AFSC codes - are they the Special Ops guys? MC and AC-130's?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back