• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More CAL Class Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, it seems CAL is hiring at a pretty good clip now. When did all this hiring start or said another way, the hiring at CAL was stagnent at CAL until what month/year? Also, what deliveries have been coming during this time and what is projected for 07 and 08. Is the hiring due mainly to new airframes or retirements? Thanks.

Personally, I'm not putting too much stock in these projections. I'm sure they change quite often. A post on another board advertised all 737 with 50% IAH for the March 13th class and a mixture of 737 IAH/EWR and 756 EWR for the March 6th class. I just want to get my seniority number. I'll worry about domiciles on day 2 of training.

I do when it's handed over from the training center.

Just curious, it seems CAL is hiring at a pretty good clip now. When did all this hiring start or said another way, the hiring at CAL was stagnent at CAL until what month/year? Also, what deliveries have been coming during this time and what is projected for 07 and 08. Is the hiring due mainly to new airframes or retirements? Thanks.

Hiring started approx. April 2005. Hiring was stagnant from about Oct. 2001 till current.

I don't know the exact delivery numbers but I know we grew about 8-9% last year. Hiring is due to new airframes and a lot of retirements.

Hiring started approx. April 2005. Hiring was stagnant from about Oct. 2001 till current.

I don't know the exact delivery numbers but I know we grew about 8-9% last year. Hiring is due to new airframes and a lot of retirements.

Thanks for the info gesheilds. Do you know how many have been hired since April 2005 and how many total pilots currently on the seniority list?

We got 6 737's last year and we are getting 2 777's this year. Next yeat we are getting 30 737-800,900's and getting rid of 15 737-300's, then in 2009 we are slated to get our first 787's and more 737's. Of course this all subject to change.

Merge with Aeroflot so we can be called ContiFlot. Or, AerLingus and we can be called Contilingus.

Seriously, merge with no one. We've got a good thing going here and a merger would only screw it up.

Latest resources

Back