More Bad Press for JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bill Nelson

Just heard on ABC nightly news that a JetBlue crew in NY pushed back from the gate in a snow storm and sat with a full AC on the ramp for 7.5 hours before releasing the "hostages."

Sound more like AA, but it was JetBlue. Maybe they will learn some customer service tips after this SNAFU. The news had digital photos from pissed off customers who said they shut the engines off and they were suffocating in the plane. Keep them comfortable or return to the gate. Use busses if you have too, but let them off if you can't keep them comfortable.

I'd be pissed too.

Last edited:
It was actually a transcon turn experiment. (rim shot)

I guess we found out that people won't sit in a cramped airplane for almost 8 hours and watch tv. My sincerest apology to those folks for the dumba$$es on our end.

Just heard on ABC nightly news that a JetBlue crew in NY pushed back from the gate in a snow storm and sat with a full AC on the ramp for 7.5 hours before releasing the "hostages."

Sound more like AA, but it was JetBlue. Maybe they will learn some customer service tips after this SNAFU. The news had digital photos from pissed off customers who said they shut the engines off and they were suffocating in the plane. Keep them comfortable or return to the gate. Use busses if you have too, but let them off if you can't keep them comfortable.

I'd be pissed too.

Yeah, and all the other airlines in this country never keep their passengers on the airplane for more than one hour. Heck, a normal evening departure out of JFK may take 1.5 to 2 hours just to taxi for take off.

Sure, you can arm-chair this situation. The follow up would be that ABC interviews that same customer after a couple of days. JetBlue does take care of its customers and those customers were probably given free tickets and future travel vouchers for their troubles. You don't get awards for being the #1 domestic carrier for customer satisfaction for making people sit on an airplane for 7.5 hours. It's what the airline does after it makes such a mistake that earns JetBlue its #1 ranking year after year.

I diverted from LGB-IAD to CLT off a red-eye this morning and my customers were lucky as they able to get off the airplane to wait for 7 hours in the terminal. If this crew had the same information we had, IAD kept telling us that they would be open in the next hour. You know, the all too dreadful slipping ETOD. Every hour, we were informed by IAD authorities that their runway would be clear and the airport would be open in the next hour. This repeated about six more times before IAD really openned up for arrivals.

So, you can see how leaning forward can result in such a long wait. We were able to get our JetBLue customers to IAD this afternoon after a 15 hour crew day and they were HAPPY. So, maybe one failure at JFK, but one success at IAD. We'd all like to be in control of things, but during these types of weather operations, sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not.

Last edited:

I call BS on that one. Can't believe a crew would do that.....

...of course, you' don't make money at the gate....

Dumb question:

Never been on JB, do you guys let people watch TV during the 1+hour taxis at JFK (normal days)?

Heard Joe Scarborough from MSNBC called in from a delta flight at LGA and he had been on the airplane for six hours. This NE weather sucked today, anyone who got out was lucky. Crap weather=crap situations, could have been any airline

Dumb question:

Never been on JB, do you guys let people watch TV during the 1+hour taxis at JFK (normal days)?

Hell yeah, brother. TV's always come on after the safety brief. That's the only way they endure the sinkhole that is nyc. But then they live there, they know how much it sucks.

TV's are a BIG attitude soother for us, having to deal with JFK and BOS and JFK and did I mention JFK? Not that we make it any easier for the 800 Comair (sorry, Delta Connection) rj's or the 450 1700-2230 international flights to takeoff. Plus that f-in cloud that parks it self over RBV is a perpetual "laugher" in my book. Whomever runs the show up there and allows all of us jagnut airlines to schedule that much crap is dumber than a bag of hammers. How's that for offending everybody?

Back to the topic, I guess this whole thing comes down to freezing pellets on atis.

More bad news?? What was the initial bad news??
#1 in customer satisfaction!!

Ha! For the seventh straight year. Sometimes I think I am more miracle worker than pilot.

Latest resources

Back