Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
General Aviation is causing airline delays, corporate jets pollute the air more than a large airliner, airline pax are subsidizing GA's use of ATC, biz jets are crowding the skies, a blip is a blip...

Well thought out, factual, and non self-interest based arguments, ATA. Keep 'em coming. :rolleyes:

Trust me, now that I'm on the airline side I know for sure they're completely full of sh!t when it comes to the cause of delays...it's all them and scheduling a ridiculous amount of flights all at the same time. It has nothing to do with GA.

Yup! They sure are. You have to admit effeciency wise, the airliners are more sensible. 2 people in one space is way less effecient than 30 or even 300. I think it will get sorted out with the consolidation though. The RJ glutton will be reigned in and with any luck we'll be flying turboprops and leave the jets with the majors. Then there'll be more room in the sky for everybody. What's up Doug?!

Yup! They sure are. You have to admit effeciency wise, the airliners are more sensible. 2 people in one space is way less effecient than 30 or even 300. I think it will get sorted out with the consolidation though. The RJ glutton will be reigned in and with any luck we'll be flying turboprops and leave the jets with the majors. Then there'll be more room in the sky for everybody.
I agree about the "Carpooling" if you will. I'm being facetious about the bankruptcy comment, but the manner which the ATA is pointing the finger for a problem which they more than contribute their fairshare is rediculous. I really think turbo-props will make a come back because their Direct Operating Costs are much lower than they smaller RJs.
What's up Doug?!
Working hard for the money!!! How's the new gig going for you? I hope it's helping with the family life.

The ATA has less credibility than the announcers for the WWF. :rolleyes: TC

Yeah it's working out pretty well. I'm sittin reserve at home, which isn't too bad. Oh god I hope we get turboprops. I miss them!

Latest resources

Back