Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinT

Remember the Alamo
Just posted today: Because of weak projected flying on the 737 - 20 Captains and 15 FO's are projected to be 'affected' on Jan 1. Happy New Year!
Is this the beginning of the end? Time to get the resume up to date? Jobs, Jobs...Oh Yeah...Change, Change, Change

So the assumption is 15 pink slips and 20 downgrades?

Thats too bad would prefer to see Airtran and SWA join up to put Delta out of business for good. ( Sorry just too many " Have a good time in LBB " comments to feel any other way)

Hang in there guys!!

Yeah don't worry Obama is going to "SPREAD the WEALTH !!!" Even to those people that don't work !!!

Turst me there are no jobs to be had=with the past 2 years of Democrats in control?

The scenario will probably play out similar to the one that just occurred.

20 737 CA get displaced. All 20 are senior enough to hold CA on the 717 so 20 717 CA get downgraded. 60% of the downgraded 717 CA choose to go to 737 FO causing 27 displacements from 737 FO position.

35 717 FOs are furloughed due to 27 737 FOs coming over to the 717 and the 8 717 CA choosing to stay on the same airplane and go to the right seat (a few 737 FO may get furloughed and a few more 717 FOs might stay on property depending on the new hire class make up for August/September 2007 and LOA approved).

Doesn't make sense to do this unless the company is confident that next summers scheduled block hours can be covered by the remaining pilots. Too much training to go through for it to have a duration of 2-4 months.

Last edited:
Yeah don't worry Obama is going to "SPREAD the WEALTH !!!" Even to those people that don't work !!!

Turst me there are no jobs to be had=with the past 2 years of Democrats in control?

Keen observation. Yeah, all of the airlines have done great since 78. Guess Obama will wreck our great streak of prosperity.

Well, the last 8 years were awesome if you are one of the 5% with 90% of the wealth.

You know, some of those 5% have worked extreamly hard to get where they are. Why should they have to share with the bums on the steet who don't work hard?

Now I also know some of the 5% didn't do anything but sit there. Thier wealth was given to them by parents. Why should the get taxed at 50% for working hard and wanting to give something to thier children (the parents at thier death)?

At the end of any elections a group is going to be unhappy. Even the winning group will have some unhappy members.

No furlhoughs at all... Just some 737 guys who are going over to the 717... Thats it. The 717 is short on FO's right now. Do you guys ever get over the gloom and doom attitudes.... My god, go get laid would ya....

At the end of any elections a group is going to be unhappy. Even the winning group will have some unhappy members.

My point exactly. I'm not really thinking things will get better for us average joes with either candidate. That said, the resolve of a true American lies within him/herself, not who is voted for. However, if and when the tide turns after the election, I will do my best to adapt and change to how it affects me. Help yourself, damn the politics, because all they is say damn the electorate.

Latest resources

Back