More age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

ALPA Mag Feb 2005 issue: Page 28, fourth paragraph.

Then in March, as promised, ALPA will survey members, including FURLOUGHEES and Canadian members, on issues and concerns related to Age 60. This survey is a major component of the Association's initiative to educate members on the rationale for the Age 60 rule, ALPA's policy on Age 60, and the possible implications of increasing the "mandatory retirement age."

Gee, I wonder why ALPA felt the need to exculde furloughees this time???

NYR

Hi!

Probably because they thought that the furloughees would vote against raising the age 60 limit.

Why? Because they can stand to lose, short-term, by the increasing the age limit, which could set back their return to the cockpit.

Please overcome your short-term self-interest thinking. An age limit is discriminatory and wrong.

Thinking long-term more will help all of us here on earth out a lot.

Long-term removing the age limit won't matter. You may wait a couple of years to get into the cockpit, but then you can fly longer.

CLiff
YIP

NYRANGERS said:
ALPA Mag Feb 2005 issue: Page 28, fourth paragraph.

Then in March, as promised, ALPA will survey members, including FURLOUGHEES and Canadian members, on issues and concerns related to Age 60. This survey is a major component of the Association's initiative to educate members on the rationale for the Age 60 rule, ALPA's policy on Age 60, and the possible implications of increasing the "mandatory retirement age."

Gee, I wonder why ALPA felt the need to exculde furloughees this time???

NYR

I'm on furlough and I got the survey? It says it includes FURLOUGHEES doesn't it? Am I missing something?

Flydaplane said:
I'm on furlough and I got the survey? It says it includes FURLOUGHEES doesn't it? Am I missing something?

I also got the survey. ALPA is doing another survey that closes later on in April. Furloughed pilots are not allowed to participate in this one. I wonder why??? Same survey two months apart.........

atpcliff said:
Hi!

Probably because they thought that the furloughees would vote against raising the age 60 limit.

Why? Because they can stand to lose, short-term, by the increasing the age limit, which could set back their return to the cockpit.

Please overcome your short-term self-interest thinking. An age limit is discriminatory and wrong.

Thinking long-term more will help all of us here on earth out a lot.

Long-term removing the age limit won't matter. You may wait a couple of years to get into the cockpit, but then you can fly longer.

CLiff
YIP

The point isn't to argue age 60 or not. Furloughed pilots were involved in the same ALPA survey last month........why is it different now?

NYR, 29 years left, unless the rules change mid- game....then, maybe 34 or more years left.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back