• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More 777 for DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right dingbat, that must have been the situation - I must have been turned down by NWA or my wife must have dated a NWA pilot. Sure that's it.

Where to start? First, nobody can pay me to live in Siberia (MSP or DTW) and I don't want to commute. Second, my Global job probably pays better than a 744 PIC job at NWA. My UAL furlough was the best thing that ever happened to me. Third, I have a bunch of Delta buddies and I agree with their assessment of the situation which is that NWA was waaaay too greedy in their proposal. Their refusal to budge initially in a negotiation (which, by definition, requires some give and take) amazed meHave you not been paying attention? It was not a negotiation! Just ask Fins,RobertELee or FDJ2. It was DALPA putting a "fair and equitable" position on the table....take it or leave it. What, are your DAL "buddies" contradicting the wisdom of the deltoids here? - it seemed very arrogant from my perspective - granted, I don't have all the facts Bingo!! Looks like we have awinner folks.... but that was my perception. Now NWA pilots want to come back to the table - what has changed? You are now more realistic? Give me a break...

We all have opinions. I strongly feel that you NWA guys blew it and you should have negotiated in good faith vs. taking the hard line initially. Again, not a negotiation according to DALPA.There was a golden opportunity to reap tremendous economic benefits on both sides with upside for all. Instead, you guys held firm. Go enjoy your careers and let the chips fall where they may... Peace out.
Peace out Dude!

If your proposal is fair and equitable from the beginning, because you realize that arbitration is off the table and there is little time to waste haggling, how can you budge much from there? You can't.

The NWA merger committee, with their long and distinguished history of zero negotiated results and 26 arbitrations, never quite got it.

Now we have this side show where last week the NWALPA Chairman publicly floats expedited arbitration in the hopes of keeping the merger alive and now this week someone leaks to the NYT that senior leaders are meeting this Wednesday. What will it be next week?

I personally would have selected a far more reputable publication than the NYT to leak it to...

or maybe all the reputable publications spurned the NWA pilots' claims.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back