Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotviolin

God, your sky is so big;
Anyone been down there lately? Just trying to get a heads up on FBO's and local handlers. I am assume MMAN is the place to go.
I heard violence is on the rise, so I am trying to decided if rental cars or van service the way to go?
Thanks

Anyone been down there lately? Just trying to get a heads up on FBO's and local handlers. I am assume MMAN is the place to go.
I heard violence is on the rise, so I am trying to decided if rental cars or van service the way to go?
Thanks

what kind of plane, how many days, etc etc ?

I would go to ICCS FBO at either MMAN or MMMY. Stay at Hotel Quinta Real that is where Mex President goes when he visits. very secure area. FBO can arrange transportation to/from

I would go to ICCS FBO at either MMAN or MMMY. Stay at Hotel Quinta Real that is where Mex President goes when he visits. very secure area. FBO can arrange transportation to/from

I agree with all of this.... We stopped going there due to security concerns, but these are the places we once used.

Fedex crews changed their hotel from te downtown location they used, to one by the airport. If youre staying just one night maybe one of the hotels in teh airport area (close to MMMY) would be a good idea to avoid the city, there are shootings on the streets pretty much every day, the Quinta Real hotrel is in a good area, not many shootings over there, but its fra from the airport and you have to cross the city to get there

if you land at MMAN still u can go the hotels by MMMY theres a toll road that would take u there in 15 minutes or less.

Fedex crews changed their hotel from te downtown location they used, to one by the airport. If youre staying just one night maybe one of the hotels in teh airport area (close to MMMY) would be a good idea to avoid the city, there are shootings on the streets pretty much every day, the Quinta Real hotrel is in a good area, not many shootings over there, but its fra from the airport and you have to cross the city to get there

if you land at MMAN still u can go the hotels by MMMY theres a toll road that would take u there in 15 minutes or less.

I agree fully. The best hotel near MMMY (on the main airport road, patrolled by military and federal police) is Crowne Plaza Aeropuerto. Yes, the marriott has some courtyards but they are kind of dumpy.

If it is one night I would go to MMMY, stay at Crown Plaza (ICCS shuttle will take you there) and call it good.

Thanks for all the responses. Trip was canceled due to security reasons...

I hear you. Another option is drop PAX and return to KMFE and RON there. Go back to pick up PAX.

But that is up to you

I have been to MMMY probably 50 times, the most recent was last month.

later

Latest resources

Back