Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Melon

Big Member
Congratulations to Pro Pilot magazine for finally profiling what appears to be a first-class, well-run flight department. Modine says they pay better-than-average, have a decent QOL, and have guys who stay for years. All that adds up to happy employees. After all the flack they have recieved on this board about profiling undesirable departments, I felt a little ercognition was due.

Check out the salary survey results. They call the 24,000# Sabre 65 a light jet and the Lear 35 a mid size. I always thought mid size started at 20,000. They also have the Westwind & Sabre 85 listed as mid size. Sabre never produced an 85. Makes you wonder if the salary results of their survey had as much preperation as the classifacation of the aircraft in the survey.

HEADWIND

Modine is one of those flight departments that just kinda stays off the radar screen a bit. Always has had a good reputation but just quiet in nature. Sometimes that is a very good thing. Certainly one of the better operations in a state (Wisconsin) where there are only a handful. Congrats to them as well.

Being profiled in this magazine is the kiss of death...I hope the pilots have their resumes ready.

Bandit60 said:
Being profiled in this magazine is the kiss of death...I hope the pilots have their resumes ready.

For the most part, I'd agree. However, I personally know Steve and he's the kind of leader we all could be so lucky to work for/with. Steve's a "gadget guy" who outfits a light jet like no other. Dual FMS's, in an Ultra! He installed TCAS and TAWS and GPS long before it became "popular" or mandated.

Modine is a great flight department and, finally, hats off to ProPilot for doing an objective profile without all the sugar icing that they've been known to add.

2000Flyer

2000flyer

I commenting with tongue and cheek.
I was no way trying to put down this flight department. Besides I have never heard of them.

Bandit60 said:
2000flyer

I commenting with tongue and cheek.
I was no way trying to put down this flight department. Besides I have never heard of them.

Tongue and cheek maybe, but your words do have truth to them. I can see my CEO "cleaning house" if our CP rambled like some do in ProPilot department profiles.

When I saw my friends at Modine on the cover I thought "Oh no!" I was pleasantly surprised and relieved after reading a well written, above board profile.

2000Flyer

Had lunch with those guys on the road a couple of weeks ago. Couple of stand up guys, including their chief pilot. Very knowledgeable.

Good to hear that, Modine is a great company. Have a close friend that is with them and he seems to like it a lot. Would love to get on with them as well.

Latest resources

Back