Mode C Transponder Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Worm Burner

Do you need a Mode C Transponder to operate into a Class D airport thar is located underneath the outer ring of Class C airspace? Specifically I am wondering whether or not one is needed to operate into Fort Myers Page Field, KFMY. I know one is needed to go into Class C airspace, or above Class C airspace, but wasn't sure if it is needed in the 5 - 10 mile area below 1200 feet.

Thanks in advance.

No need outside of C or below the lower shelf. Mode C req.'d within shelf and above C. Only the Class B veil covers outward to the surface for 30 NM.

Do you need a Mode C Transponder to operate into a Class D airport thar is located underneath the outer ring of Class C airspace? Specifically I am wondering whether or not one is needed to operate into Fort Myers Page Field, KFMY. I know one is needed to go into Class C airspace, or above Class C airspace, but wasn't sure if it is needed in the 5 - 10 mile area below 1200 feet.

Thanks in advance.

a clarification of the terms you are using is needed; there is a CORE area (5nm) a SHELF area (5-10 nm) and a uncharted OUTER area (10-20 nm)

Latest resources

Back